Wednesday, February 07, 2018
What if you require advanced content management features as well as shopping cart functionality? Now you can use both of this using nopCommerce - Umbraco integration.
Umbraco is an ASP.NET based fully-featured, open source Content Management System well-known for its flexibility and great editing experience. nopCommerce is the leading ASP.NET based open-source eCommerce platform with comprehensive features, applicable for all types of users from new online businesses, who are going to grow fast, to the most demanding eCommerce experts.
These two products have a lot of things in common, first of all, their Microsoft roots and open source license. nopCommerce & Umbraco integration is a project done by nopCommerce partner Uteam and it was officially announced/launched at nopCommerce Days 2017 (3rd annual conference event that was held in New York, the USA on 16-17th of November).
This integration allows using leading feature of Umbraco for content management and nopCommerce for eCommerce features and order processing.
- It's Free
Umbraco and nopCommerce are open source and free software
Umbraco is a flexible, modern and friendly CMS with huge community over world, simple for developers and site owners, allow create custom stores in short time.
Umbraco and nopCommerce are very secured and regularly updated, both systems in use by enterprise companies and pass penetration tests, so you do not have to worry about any security issues.
Both os systems have simple and fast customization options. This allow create custom designed store, SEO structure and customized customer journey.
Umbraco and nopCommerce have a big community over the world, when you need professional assistance Umbraco and nopCommerce provide enterprise support.
- Extend existing Umbraco site with eCommerce features
- Create mini-sites for specific products with checkout process
- Create eCommerce site base on Umbraco framework
- Manage orders, customer and products centralized for multichannel stores
- Create full-featured eCommerce solution for Umbraco
- Rest Api – raw api calls
- Nop.Api.Adapter – wrap api calls
- Nop.Integration.Core – entities and services for api calls
- Nop.Integration.Umbraco.Core – Umbraco common logic like shopping cart, registration callbacks
- NopStarterKit – complete sample for eCommerce store, connected to nopCommerce
- Handling authorization
- Customer synchronization
- Manage customer state
- Strong type api wrapper
- Catalog synchronization processes
Nop Starter Kit for Umbraco
- Sample pages: login, registration, forgot password, categories, products, shopping cart, checkout
- Sample document types
- Sample pages structure in CMS
- Datatypes: products picker, category picker or customer picker
- Dashboards: products, orders
There are 2 separate sites for Umbraco and nopCommerce have been created.
- Can be used on new or existing site
- Use any site structure: flat or hierarchical structure for products and categories
- Use any data from nopCommerce catalog: you can choose any property from nopCommerce to show on your Umbraco site
- Full customized login and registration process
- Full customized checkout and payment page
nopCommerce site configuration
- Install api plugin for nopcommerce https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/2464/api-plugin.aspx
- Open api configuration - /Plugins/ManageClientsAdmin/Lis
- Add new client
Umbraco site configuration - starter kit
- Install Starter Kit
- Change client details - from nopCommerce site
Author: Yakov Lebski, Uteam