Developer Tutorials

1 2 Next
Posted: 8 months ago Quote #102995
Could you point me to good developer tutorials?
This post/answer is useful
0
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: 8 months ago Quote #103021
http://www.nopcommerce.com/documentation.aspx but it's best to just read the sourcecode.
This post/answer is useful
2
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: 8 months ago Quote #103023
I agree with keesjan,

Best is to read the source code and try to understand what is happening. You will understand the structure of NopCommerce faster when you take a look at the database to.

Learning by reading and searching this forum is a good way to learn fast as well.

But it is true that there isn't much documentation available for NopCommerce.
This post/answer is useful
1
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Always trying to help:)

C# developer
Posted: 8 months ago Quote #103085
Is it possible to alter the source code and data table structures as needed?

I want to be able to make it so that multiple databases can be used in a multi store set-up. Also will want to change the admin so that each store has it's own individual admin.
This post/answer is useful
0
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: 8 months ago Quote #103846
MaxMommersteeg wrote:
I agree with keesjan,

Best is to read the source code and try to understand what is happening. You will understand the structure of NopCommerce faster when you take a look at the database to.

Learning by reading and searching this forum is a good way to learn fast as well.

But it is true that there isn't much documentation available for NopCommerce.

Max,

What is it in the database that you would look at specifically?

I'm not sure of how to analyze the database to learn how nopCommerce works.

Thanks,
Tony
This post/answer is useful
0
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: 8 months ago Quote #103847
For example:

Search in the solution for the ProductModel.cs, in that class are a lot of variables like:
GTIN, Name, ID

Open the database in SQL Server Management Studio, Search for the table named: Product.
Check the columns inside the Product table.

They are equal to the variables at the ProductModel.cs class, So ProductModel class retrieves data from the Product Table and stores it's data in the Product table.

Almost everything is build this way and connect this way.

For example:

When you want to add an extra field, you just go by the word MVC(Model, View, Controller)
Fist add the field in the Model, then in the View and in the Controller as last.

You learn by looking at the default variables.

When you want to insert a string, just look at the name field for example, which is also a string.

It's hard to explain, how to look. I started working with NopCommerce a few weeks ago. And I already understand almost everything about it, how it works etc. Contact me when you have any problems or don't know where to search.

I don't know if you have any experience in programming, but it would be VERY useful to have some.
This post/answer is useful
1
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Always trying to help:)

C# developer
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #104370
MaxMommersteeg wrote:
For example:

Search in the solution for the ProductModel.cs, in that class are a lot of variables like:
GTIN, Name, ID

Open the database in SQL Server Management Studio, Search for the table named: Product.
Check the columns inside the Product table.

They are equal to the variables at the ProductModel.cs class, So ProductModel class retrieves data from the Product Table and stores it's data in the Product table.

Almost everything is build this way and connect this way.

For example:

When you want to add an extra field, you just go by the word MVC(Model, View, Controller)
Fist add the field in the Model, then in the View and in the Controller as last.

You learn by looking at the default variables.

When you want to insert a string, just look at the name field for example, which is also a string.

It's hard to explain, how to look. I started working with NopCommerce a few weeks ago. And I already understand almost everything about it, how it works etc. Contact me when you have any problems or don't know where to search.

I don't know if you have any experience in programming, but it would be VERY useful to have some.


Max,

Thanks for your help with this subject.

I do have about 45 years of programming experience in COBOL, Fortran, Visual Basic.

When I look at the architecture of nopCommerce, it looks like the only projects that us the MVC programming model are Nop.Admin, Nop.Web and Plugins.  Is that correct?

The other projects are just plain C#?

Thanks,
Tony
This post/answer is useful
0
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #104439
The other structure part services and core are - correct me if I am wrong-
besides core functionality - IMHO
tribute to EntityFramework structure supply with Data (Table objects)
and Services (core interaction between Database Tables and Code)
This post/answer is useful
0
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #104528
First thing you got to learn with Nop-Sources too- especially if you dare change the core -
Clean up .Net Temporary Folders and binaries in obj folders.
It can be really hairpulling sometimes,
showing errors that make no sense until you even restart visual studio or your whole PC... :-)
This post/answer is useful
0
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: 7 months ago Quote #104545
apfelsine wrote:
First thing you got to learn with Nop-Sources too- especially if you dare change the core -
Clean up .Net Temporary Folders and binaries in obj folders.
It can be really hairpulling sometimes,
showing errors that make no sense until you even restart visual studio or your whole PC... :-)


Apfelsine,

Thanks for your replies.

How do I "Clean up  .Net Temporary Folders and binaries in obj folders?"

I do run Clean Solution when I make changes to nopCommerce.

Thanks,
Tony
This post/answer is useful
1
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
1 2 Next
nopCommerce on facebook