You are more than welcome to contribute to the success of nopCommerce by helping
out in the realization of the project, by participating in the forums, or just by
spreading the word! If you have a site, write about us or place a hyperlink! We
are committed to nurturing the growth of the nopCommerce community!
nopCommerce has a young but growing community of contributors. It is a very active
community that is passionate about developing a very robust ASP.NET open source
e-commerce application. nopCommerce has had over 30,000 downloads in the last month,
so it's pretty popular. So join the community and see what you can learn and what
you can share!
Here are a few ways you can contribute to the nopCommerce project
- If you have a site, write about us or place a hyperlink (our logos: 250x250 and 340x140).
- Answer a question on our forums.
- Help verify submitted fixes for bugs.
- Share an idea for a new feature or a better way to do something on the
- Create a new language pack.
- Create a new graphical theme to share with the community.
- Implement a new plugin (payment gateway module, etc).
- Tell your friends about nopCommerce.
Sharing your plugins, themes, and language packs
You can easily upload your plugin or language pack to our Extensions and themes directory to
share it with other users. Just go to
My account page, then "Your contributions and extensions" tab.
Click "Upload a new extension" button in order to upload a new extension.
And here are some of the benefits of hosting your plugin at the Extensions and themes directory:
- Track basic statistics regarding how many people are downloading
- Give your plugin greater exposure to the community
- Get your plugin rated against the many other hosted plugins
- Provide a centralized location for users to leave comments and feedback
Contributing source code (Mercurial version for developers)
nopCommerce manages a repository here
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets. So you can
always check out the latest source code! Please find more info about CodePlex Mercurial
support for forks
Note: these versions should not be used in a production environment. We do
not guarantee that any of the functionality or code found in our DCS (distributed
control system) will be made available in our official releases.