nopCommerce has a quickly growing community of contributors passionate about developing a very robust ASP.NET open source ecommerce application.
Join the community, share your knowledge and get insights from nopCommerce users all over the world.
Here are a few ways you can contribute to the nopCommerce project
- Answer questions on our forums.
- Write a helpful article for store owners or developers.
- Help us verifying submitted fixes for bugs.
- Share an idea for a new feature or a better way to do something on the forums.
- Create a new language pack.
- Translate our official documentation.
- If you have a site, write about us or place a hyperlink there.
- Create a new graphical theme to share with the community.
- Implement a new plugin (payment gateway module, shipping plugin, etc).
- Tell your friends about nopCommerce.
- You can also download the sales and marketing materials for nopCommerce businesses to use when selling the benefits of nopCommerce to potential clients (leaflet 1 and leaflet 2).
- Our logos. PNG: 250x250 and 340x140. PSD: 250x250 and 340x140 and 1600x1200
Sharing your plugins, themes, and language packs
You can easily upload your plugin, theme or language pack to our marketplace directory
to share it with other users.
Just go to My account page, then "Your contributions and extensions" tab.
Click "Upload a new extension"
button in order to upload a new extension.
And here are some of the benefits of hosting your plugin or theme at the marketplace directory:
- Track basic statistics regarding how many people are downloading
- Give your plugin greater exposure to the community
- Get your plugin rated against the many other hosted plugins
- Provide a centralized location for users to leave comments and feedback
Contributing source code (Git SCM version for developers)
nopCommerce manages a repository at GitHub (https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce).
So you can always check out the latest source code.
Git SCM (Source Code Management) access is public and allows you to fetch in real time the latest version of nopCommerce.
It allows you to follow daily nopCommerce developments and improvements. Get the latest patches and
fixes without waiting for the next release. Please find more info about working with nopCommerce source code and contributions