Change the Top Menu??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello All,
I actually made great progress today diving into how to customize the standard theme.  One issue that I can't seem to overcome is how to change the out of the box top menu which consists of Home Page | New Products | Search | My Account | Blog | Contact Us.

Does anyone know where to go to change that menu with my own values.  Ideally I would like to include my own custom icons as well.

I also wanted to see if it is possible to change the section of "Manufacturers" to something else.  For example, Distributors.

Thanks for the help!
12 years ago
madv1457 wrote:

One issue that I can't seem to overcome is how to change the out of the box top menu which consists of Home Page | New Products | Search | My Account | Blog | Contact Us.

Sorry, what do you mean: "out" ? Margin? Border? There is .headermenu ul.topmenu class in the css, you can try to change it.

madv1457 wrote:

Does anyone know where to go to change that menu with my own values.  Ideally I would like to include my own custom icons as well.

Look at HeaderMenu.ascx file, I think it is the only way to change the menu items.

madv1457 wrote:

I also wanted to see if it is possible to change the section of "Manufacturers" to something else.  For example, Distributors.

You can change necessary resource values using Admin/Content manageement/Localication
12 years ago
Thanks for all the replies...I was able to figure out part of the header issue so things are looking better.

In terms of the second part, I wanted to change the actual name from Manufacturers to Distributors.  My template is based off the standard darkOrange theme.  I know you can add values withint the admin console, but since we do not deal with Manufacturers I thought the functionality would be great to list our distributors and figured there has to be a way of simply changing the name.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks again for the help!
12 years ago
madv1457 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies...I was able to figure out part of the header issue so things are looking better.

In terms of the second part, I wanted to change the actual name from Manufacturers to Distributors.  My template is based off the standard darkOrange theme.  I know you can add values withint the admin console, but since we do not deal with Manufacturers I thought the functionality would be great to list our distributors and figured there has to be a way of simply changing the name.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks again for the help!

In Admin> Content Management > Localization search for resource value ="Manufacturers" and change the correspondig resource to "Distributors"
12 years ago
Brilliant!  Thanks Eduardo.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.