Extending the Registration Process?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello All,
I have two customer groups setup; distributorsand consumers.  I want to control pricing based on the customer group (for example, do not want consumers seeing the wholesale pricing).  During the registration process is there a way to automatically associated a user to a customer group?  For example, how would I go about putting an identifier on the registration form so the user can enter some credentials indicating they are a distributor vs. a consumer?

Thanks for the help!
12 years ago
madv1457 wrote:
Hello All,
I have two customer groups setup; distributorsand consumers.  I want to control pricing based on the customer group (for example, do not want consumers seeing the wholesale pricing).  During the registration process is there a way to automatically associated a user to a customer group?  For example, how would I go about putting an identifier on the registration form so the user can enter some credentials indicating they are a distributor vs. a consumer?

Thanks for the help!

You can create a customer role for "distribuitors" and then define in prices by customer role their corresponding prices. Anyone else will see consumer prices. Then during registration set a field for "I want to be distribuitor" and when you validate that he is really a candidate for that yo assign  him the distribuitor role (through administration). Other wise anyone who says he is a distribuitor can se wholesale pricing.
12 years ago
Thanks Eduardo,
Does the part - set a field for "I want to be distribuitor" - have to be done through custom development or can that be done through configuration via the admin module?  

Thanks again!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.