2.0 Button 'SaveContinue'

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have now reproduced the bug on IE7 (via IE8's "Browser Mode: IE7" in "Developer Tools F12").

It seems that IE7 incorrectly returns the button's value as the text between the button tag (<button>Save and Continue Edit</button>) and IE8 (& other tested browsers) correctly returns the text for the value attribute (value="save-continue"). When abcd_12345 reported the bug, I either did not see the browser version or it wasn't present in the post at the time, which is why I asked for the browser version in my post.

The following is a possible fix (it clears the text and sets the text to the value for IE browsers):
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function () {
        if ($.browser.msie) {
            $('.options button').click(function () {
                $(this).text('');
                var buttonValue = $(this).val();
                $(this).text(buttonValue);
            })
        }
    });
</script>

Can those that are experiencing the bug (in IE7 or IE9) add this code to their category edit view: Administration\Views\Category\Edit.cshtml and test to see if it resolves the bug?

Should be able to add this to Administration\Scripts\admin.js to fix all save-continue buttons.

---
Reference:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/487056/retrieve-button-value-with-jquery

12 years ago
This script solves the problem for me. (IE9)

But one thing I don't understand:
When I work with the demo store at the NOP-website, the savecontinue-button works fine. Perhaps, because the demo-store have only one language installed.

PS:
When I add your script to the admin.js the problem does not disapear. I add it like this

$(document).ready(function () {
if ($.browser.msie) {
$('.options button').click(function () {
$(this).text('');
var buttonValue = $(this).val();
$(this).text(buttonValue);
})
}});
12 years ago
Hi,

I would like complete this topic because I have this problem with IE7 and IE8 for category and product edit (and manufacturer etc...) but only with IIS7.

The script proposed by mb solves the problem but I have to add it in all modules where "update and continue" option exists.

I migrated in IIS 7 only for 1 day and all problems I have today can not be reproduced with IIS6.
12 years ago
IE9
Tools -> Compatibility view settings
Uncheck Show Intranet sites in compatibility mode
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.