Turn off store temporarily

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi, I just upgraded a store to version 2.0, and need to temporarily turn off the store, such that the website is still browsable, but customers are unable to purchase anything. I thought this was a feature in the product, but maybe I am mistaken.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
12 years ago
An option to close the store is not available in 2.0 release
12 years ago
It would be good to have it back as an option - one of my sites has over 30,000 products updated in a single hit with images  monthly. That takes some time and a temporary closure would be good!
12 years ago
Thanks for the quick response. I love the 2.0 release, it's really great! I would look forward to seeing the close store feature come back, but I will be patient :) It is most useful when you build a store for a new client, and you put it out there on their domain name, but they don't want to start taking orders until they are satisfied with the site.
12 years ago
Any available workarounds to this issue ?
12 years ago
Maybe you could disable all of the payment methods, to make it impossible for someone to checkout.
12 years ago
May I add another suggestion, assuming that this option will be restored, to have a topic ClosedStore for a custom message to the users when they hit a closed store. Thanks
12 years ago
mendellowy wrote:
May I add another suggestion, assuming that this option will be restored, to have a topic ClosedStore for a custom message to the users when they hit a closed store. Thanks

I seen that StoreClosed has been implemented for the upcoming version you can check this on codeplex website
12 years ago
This will come in version 2.2 which will be released in early october. Check:
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10147
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.