2.0 setup in IIS

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Ok, I will try to install on my dev box which is Windows server 2003 with IIS 6.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.
12 years ago
OK, I got a little farther, I hope.  I deploy 2.0 in my development server with server 2003 and IIS 6.  Now I got the error says "Cannot open database "NopCommerce" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'"
What do I do in this case?

Thanks.
12 years ago
tramdoan wrote:
OK, I got a little farther, I hope.  I deploy 2.0 in my development server with server 2003 and IIS 6.  Now I got the error says "Cannot open database "NopCommerce" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'"
What do I do in this case?

Thanks.

What this means is that you have elected to use windows integrated security and there are two ways to solve this problem.

1. Make your website run under a specific user account. NOT YOURS, but a secondary limited privileged user (enough privileges to read/write in the database and read/write within the website directory.
http://beyondthispoint.blogspot.com/2006/04/setting-up-iis6-application-pool.html
2. Create a SQL login and during installation specify the sql login credentials (or modify the connection string in App_Data\Settings.txt).

That should get your website up and running!
12 years ago
OK, I got it working.  It was the Integrated vs. classic setting in IIS.  Thanks for all the pointers.
12 years ago
Thanks Skyler.  I did create a sqlserver user and change my settings.txt file like this:

DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=rtc-dev2;Initial Catalog=NopCommerce;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;user id=datauser;password=sqlserver;

I also see 2 places with Intergated Security = true in EntityFramework.xml so I change them to false as well.

Now I got this error.  I did create a Setting user in my database and granted Select, excecute, delete, update priviledges.  What do I do wrong?  Please help.
-------------------------
The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'Setting', database 'NopCommerce', schema 'dbo'.
-------------------------

I am using the existing database that I use successfully when I run my store from Visual Studio 10.

Thanks.
12 years ago
Please ignore my previous post.  I miss granting my "datauser" select priviledge.  Now I got another error.  Please help.  Sorry guys for too many questions.  I am eager to get this running.  Thanks.

Multiple types were found that match the controller named 'Home'. This can happen if the route that services this request ('') does not specify namespaces to search for a controller that matches the request. If this is the case, register this route by calling an overload of the 'MapRoute' method that takes a 'namespaces' parameter.

I think, it is complaining about my RegisterRoutes function which I copied from one of Skyler's link :
--------------------------
public static void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
        {
            routes.IgnoreRoute("{resource}.axd/{*pathInfo}");

//register custom routes (plugins, etc)
            var routePublisher = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<IRoutePublisher>();
            routePublisher.RegisterRoutes(routes);

routes.MapRoute(
                "Default", // Route name
                "{controller}/{action}/{id}", // URL with parameters
                new { controller = "Home", action = "Index", id = UrlParameter.Optional },
                new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" }
            );

routes.MapRoute( "Root", "", new { controller = "Home", action = "Index", id = UrlParameter.Optional } ) ;
        }
--------------------------------------

Thanks.
12 years ago
Please help.  I am getting the "A route named 'Product' could not be found in the route collection.
Parameter name: name" now.  What do I need to do.  Please help.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.