Installing nopCommerce 2.1 on GoDaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hope someone can help here.

My frontend is slow and my backend is not working at all so I figure I did something wrong.

I downloaded 2.1, I built 2.1 on my local computer, I ran 2.1 on my local computer, the installation script ran and everything works, on my local computer.

I now need to get this working on my GoDaddy hosting account. I setup a 2008 database that I could remotely connect to and that works.

I think this is where I blew it... I "Published" Nop.Web using Visual Studio 2010 "Publish" feature and published using ftp. I then went to look at the front end and it wanted to install so I gave the install the sql database information and let it install. The frontend worked, just really, really slow. I then "Published" Nop.Admin into a folder named "admin" off the root. That is not working.

I just deleted everything off of my GoDaddy hosting account and I am going to try it again.

In another thread Oscar Agreda said "download, Build (prepare) and Deploy NopCommerce to your local folder, then FTP Upload it  to your store folder".

What I need to know is what files do I ftp. Here is a screenshot of my nopCommerce root folder... http://www.thorsoft.com/nopcommerce-local-root.png

The application is built on my local computer. Do I just ftp everything or do I "Publish" like I did, but publish both Nop.Web and Nop.Admin before I run the install process.

There is probably some really concise, easy to follow instructions, but I have not found them. I almost think I am making this more difficult then it needs to be.

Thanks,
Rhek
12 years ago
Got this working with some help from Oscar...

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11298/installing-nop-21-on-godaddy.aspx

Thanks,
Rhek
12 years ago
Rhek - How did you get your admin working on GoDaddy?  I keep getting a 404 - Page Not Found error.  I have the following Structure:

{store directory}/{admin directory}

The store works fine, but admin is not found.  Any suggestions?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.