I am having quite a lot of difficulty with deciding on how to do my shipping costs. I post nationally (price A) European Community (price B) and Rest Of the World (price C).

Within each price are different weights and methods. All my items are unique and therefore all weigh different weights.

So that is not a problem in itself. I have fixed the different weights and methods (up to 15 possiblities nationally!!) and the different countries - all fine.

I have two problems now - the buyer when checking out is asked to choose his own postage costs from a long list - how will he know whether to choose the right postage (although I have given the p&p amount in the description of the item) and if he doesnt choose the right postage I am in an awkward position? - no?

What is the best way to do this kind of shipping costing?

I thought of doing the weight and country but that didnt work for me!!! with all the percentages!!! they kept coming up with the wrong figures!

I thought of setting my postage to 0 and then putting a figure in the additional postage but then that would not take account of all the different destinations and types of postage!

I read on another post this: "Handling fees (ex: add on 4 euros to each order or 10%). Many shipping computation methods can add an additional fee (fixed amount)."

Is there a way to add to certain post&packing figures within the shipping computation figures or is there only one place for one increase within the product entry: 'additional postage charge' itself.

I hope some of that is clear - any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you!
Tracy