Upgrade from 1.7 to 2.1 - some problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
My live site is on 1.7, and I've been working upgrading the site. My development version is the latest 2.1.

The upgrade scripts let me upgrade the db to 1.9, and then the normal process is to install 2.0, let it create its new DB, and then run the 1.9-to-2.0 script... however, since my site is now 2.1, this same upgrade script fails. I basically need a way for the store to create a 2.0 version of the db so this script will work correctly. Is there a manual way to do this? The only solution I can think of is to install a generic 2.0 install first, then replace it with a 2.1 so the upgrades are all done in the right sequence, but I'd prefer to not have to go through this extra step if possible....?

Thanks for any help!
12 years ago
Have you made any changes to your 1.7 and 2.1 database schemas (live and dev)?
12 years ago
no, but the changes made between 2.0 and 2.1 seem to be affecting things. The migration script failed to copy any products over due to things like the producttemplateid not allowing null, etc.
12 years ago
Not sure that I got you. You have two databases (live - 1.7 and dev - 2.1).
Here is what I would do:
1. Forget about your current local dev database (2.1 )
2. Create a backup of your live database
3. Copy it to your local dev machine
4. Restore it (locally).
5. Run 1.8, 1.9 upgrade scripts in SSMS (over this new database)
6. Install nopCommerce 2.0 (to this new database).
7. Run 2.0 upgrade scripts in SSMS (over this new database)
8. Run 2.1 upgrade scripts in SSMS (over this new database)
So now you have your 1.7 database upgraded to 2.1 (locally). Now we need just to update the connection string of your local dev solution:
1. Open the following file \src\Presentation\Nop.Web\App_Data\Settings.txt
2. Update your connection strong according to this new database
Run the solution (your old customized one - 2.1). The new upgraded database will be used
12 years ago
right, step #6 is the one I was hoping to skip, but I'll go ahead and do that since it seems to be required. Thanks.
actually you need one more step - 6.5 -run the "upgrade" sql script for 1.9-to-2.0 (after 2.0 has created the new empty db)

My original question was whether I could find a script that would create a new 2.0 database,, instead of having to install and run an instance of 2.0 to have it create the db. Make sense?
12 years ago
boomhauer wrote:
actually you need one more step - 6.5

Thanks. Updated.

boomhauer wrote:
My original question was whether I could find a script that would create a new 2.0 database,, instead of having to install and run an instance of 2.0 to have it create the db. Make sense?

No, there's no such a script. Entity Framework Code First creates a database schema
12 years ago
I went ahead and created a "fresh 2.0 database" sql script by scripting out the db after codefirst had done all its work on fresh install. No sample data. If anyone can use this, it's availble here: nopcommerce 2.0 database script.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.