Question on Tier Pricing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello All,
I'm trying to make sure I understand how I can properly use the tier pricing and prices by Customer Role.  I noticed in v1.9 there was Tier Pricing as well as Prices by Customer Role within the Product Variant setup but in 2.1 it just has the Tier Pricing.  Looks like the these 2 pieces were combined into just the tier pricing.  The issue I am having is that there does not appear to be the ability to set pricing by customer role and unit ranges.  Essentially this is what I am looking to do.

Customer Role = Partner
Pricing Models
1-5 units = $25.00 ea.
6 – 12 units= $22.50 ea.
24 + units= $20.50 ea.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated....

Thanks for the help!
12 years ago
The tier pricing in 2.1 allows you to set the customer role on the tiers, does this not do what you are needing?
12 years ago
actually i have a similar question - Is there still a way to do a fixed price per customer role (in our case, "dealer"), or is tier used for this exclusively now (just put a single entry in, with "1" qty) ?

If the tier is the exclusive way to do this, I've noticed that when there is just one tier (with min qty 1), the "buy more and save" table shows up on the product page... but since it only has one tier, with the price for unit 1+, there are no actual savings in the list.
I'm planning to add logic that will detect this situation and hide the table when it has 1 tier with qty 1+... but before I code this, I wanted to see if anyone might recommend a better way to handle this, ie if I'm misusing tiers or some other mistake.

Thanks!
12 years ago
boomhauer wrote:
If the tier is the exclusive way to do this, I've noticed that when there is just one tier (with min qty 1), the "buy more and save" table shows up on the product page... but since it only has one tier, with the price for unit 1+, there are no actual savings in the list.

You're right. It's the issue that will be fixed in the next release
12 years ago
thanks, let me know if I should log a bug for it.
12 years ago
Thanks guys, I not entirely sure if boomhauer and I have the same issue.

I see where you can set the customer role within the Tier Pricing but am not clear on how you go about setting up the pricing based on the unit ranges. I can only set one unit price.  Is this the part that is supposed to be fixed in the next release or is my understanding of how it works incorrect?  I was thinking that perhaps it works like this where I have 3 seperate line items to reflect the unit ranges.  Could this be correct?

Pricing Models

Role Partner | QTY = 1 | Price = $25.00
Role Partner | QTY = 6 | Price = $22.50
Role Partner | QTY = 25 | Price = $20.00

Then, anything over 25 units is set at $20.00

Thanks for the help on clarifying this for me...
12 years ago
I believe that is the "minimum required qty" to qualify for that tier... it stays in effect for all quantities above it, unless another one is defined with a higher min qty. make sense?

qty   price
1       100
20      95
50      92

so between 1 and 20, the price is 100... etc.
12 years ago
Ok, got it..I'll test some scenarios and confirm my results.  Thanks a lot...I really appreciate the response.
12 years ago
Works like a charm...thanks again guys!
12 years ago
boomhauer wrote:
thanks, let me know if I should log a bug for it.

Already done
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.