Storage of Credit Cards

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
If you are using manual credit card -method you are storing the credit-card information in the data-base (and you are not paid !!)

You need a third party payment gateway, like Paypal, Stripe, etc. All these methods allows you to get paid without storing the cc-numbers. They are using different techniques to create a token and store this instead of sensible cc-information.
8 years ago
marcwagener wrote:
If you are using manual credit card -method you are storing the credit-card information in the data-base (and you are not paid !!)

You need a third party payment gateway, like Paypal, Stripe, etc. All these methods allows you to get paid without storing the cc-numbers. They are using different techniques to create a token and store this instead of sensible cc-information.

That, and you're in for a whole pile of regulations and liability if you choose to store the CC # yourself.

Definitely use an external payment processor if you can.
8 years ago
I am using the built in Authorize.net plugin for processing payments.  Just to be clear. I do NOT want to store the credit cards... EVER.  That's why I got a little freaked out when I saw that the entire credit card was visible in the order details.  How can I have it NOT store the CC#'s?  Do I have to use a different payment gateway plugin (not the built in authorize.net)?  Thank you for your help.
8 years ago
Have you completely disabled the Manual Payment, and any other payment plug-ins you're not using?

From the Admin page, go to Configuration->Payment->Payment Methods to see what's active/inactive. To Deactivate, click "Edit".
8 years ago
I thought I did... but maybe not.  So if I understand this correctly, you believe this may be the result of nop trying to use a manual payment process?
8 years ago
nate.m.34 wrote:
I thought I did... but maybe not.  So if I understand this correctly, you believe this may be the result of nop trying to use a manual payment process?

Try disabling it per my instructions and find out. :)

Basically if you tell Nop you want to do manual payments then it will need to store the card.
8 years ago
on the other side when you are registred at authorize.net, you must see the paid amount in your account/demo-account
8 years ago
gbitsvcs wrote:

Try disabling it per my instructions and find out. :)

Basically if you tell Nop you want to do manual payments then it will need to store the card.

I will do so.  I'm setting up my new server now (no more running in visual studio).  I will try this out tomorrow.  I appreciate the help.
8 years ago
marcwagener wrote:
on the other side when you are registred at authorize.net, you must see the paid amount in your account/demo-account

Which was the other strange part... I never got an error, but it never moved beyond pending... and no monies were transferred.
8 years ago
gbitsvcs wrote:
Have you completely disabled the Manual Payment, and any other payment plug-ins you're not using?

From the Admin page, go to Configuration->Payment->Payment Methods to see what's active/inactive. To Deactivate, click "Edit".

Well, that may have been the issue.  I have made sure that the authorize.net payment plugin was the only one enabled.  No full CC# showing, and it even worked with my eprocessingnetwork.com payment gateway after I adjusted the URL.  Perfect!  Thank you for your help.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.