Image Naming System

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've been trying nopCommerce for about a week now and really like it but I've come to a deal breaker on product images.  I have over 10,000 products and the image names are the same as my product #s with a .jpg extension.  

It's not practical to manually insert an image in admin for every single product I have.  I have been trying to figure out a way to use my naming convention in nopC, where the database stores my filename and associates it with whatever product, but so far no luck.

Any suggestions?  I searched the forum this week but nothing recent was posted on this topic.  I'm on v2.10.

Thanks!

Mike
12 years ago
mswhat wrote:
I've been trying nopCommerce for about a week now and really like it but I've come to a deal breaker on product images.  I have over 10,000 products and the image names are the same as my product #s with a .jpg extension.  

It's not practical to manually insert an image in admin for every single product I have.  I have been trying to figure out a way to use my naming convention in nopC, where the database stores my filename and associates it with whatever product, but so far no luck.

Any suggestions?  I searched the forum this week but nothing recent was posted on this topic.  I'm on v2.10.

Thanks!

Mike

This feature has already been developed for version 2.2 (first half of october). Check here
12 years ago
eadameg wrote:

This feature has already been developed for version 2.2 (first half of october). Check here

Great, that will be very helpful.  I see it will also map categories...are there plans to include manufacturers as well so all that can be imported together?

I've found a workaround for the manufacturer/product bulk mapping but it's a bit of a pain and all on the sql server.

How will I know it's available, just wait for 2.2 announcement?

Thanks!

Mike
12 years ago
mswhat wrote:

Great, that will be very helpful.  I see it will also map categories...are there plans to include manufacturers as well so all that can be imported together?

I've found a workaround for the manufacturer/product bulk mapping but it's a bit of a pain and all on the sql server.

How will I know it's available, just wait for 2.2 announcement?

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike:
Yes it will include manufacturers upload too.
It will be announced here and you will get a mail too. If you want you can download the interim version here
12 years ago
eadameg wrote:

Hi Mike:
Yes it will include manufacturers upload too.
It will be announced here and you will get a mail too. If you want you can download the interim version here

Thank you Eduardo!  I've downloaded the interim files...so do I just follow the instructions in the "deploying.readme.txt" file or the "readme.txt"?

Maybe I'll just wait for the official release.  Either way this sounds like a huge update.  Thanks again,

Mike
12 years ago
mswhat wrote:
Maybe I'll just wait for the official release...

It's the best solution if you're not a developer. It'll be released in a couple of weeks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.