Getting admin to work in 2.1?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I was able to install the site itself and that is working but now I'm trying to figure out how to deploy the admin.

When I looked at my folder structure there was no "admin" folder in the directory.  I see that when I open up the 2.1 source code in VS2010 I do see the nop.admin but not sure how to publish / deploy it.  I've tried to publish it to a "admin" folder I created but when I view the page I get a 403 error for it.

Any help is appreciated.
12 years ago
vitran23 wrote:
I was able to install the site itself and that is working but now I'm trying to figure out how to deploy the admin.

When I looked at my folder structure there was no "admin" folder in the directory.  I see that when I open up the 2.1 source code in VS2010 I do see the nop.admin but not sure how to publish / deploy it.  I've tried to publish it to a "admin" folder I created but when I view the page I get a 403 error for it.

Any help is appreciated.

vitran23,

When you deploy 2.1 it should also deploy the administration section. You should start over and do a clean deploy. Once you have finished this clean deploy install the database and/or log in as the administrator. In the upper right corner you should see the admin link. If you click on the link and can view the admin section then there is no additional action required.
12 years ago
Having the same problem,

The resource cannot be found when clicking on the administration link after logging on as a admin user on the deployed site.

If I point 2.10 in visual studio to my deployed database I can log into admin fine.

In the /Administration folder I have /bin and /Content folders on my deployed site.  Is anything missing. I used the deploy.bat file and got through the missing bin folder in plug-ins,  setting the correct permissions etc...

Resarted IIS,  re-built and re-deployed from scratch.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks
-Keith
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.