Installing 2.20 on godaddy. a progress sheet.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Will give results. As of now, I have run the build using vs10, ran both batches and backed up my whole site including the db_backups folder. I have deleted every folder since I have backed up appdata as well.
I will restore the two files iafter i finifsh moving 2.2 in.
Next steps are:
Check file manager permissions.
Recycle the IIS application pool
Backup db again
Run the 2.20 script from my 2008 SQL server connecting remotely
Move the needed app_data files explained in the txt file.
Then i will workout the issues with the themes, but all is going as planned.
12 years ago
Not good, I just got my error. I am able to access my admin section.

One note, before i start restoring everything and try again.
I left the store closed switch on before I upgraded i closed the store.

Im now going to be restoring to make sure I leave store open then do the upgrade.
I went into admin, which is running, and I switched the store from closed to open.
Went back to the public store, I recycled the iis, cleared the cache, restarted the application. and I am getting error.
We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.
12 years ago
Restored data, from 2.1 opened store up, checked it out and was running. Cleared cache restarted application.
Backed up database again, I have two copies, pre-store closed and post store closed(yes im anal).

deleted files.

putting in 2.2 files now, lets see how it goes again.
12 years ago
tried multiple times with no success.
12 years ago
Hi

I've successfully installed a empty store at godaddy, using the 2.20

I can't get it installed using the install script, what I did is install it on my local machine first, no product, no sample data ( I guess you can put data, doesn't matter, just what I did)

Then I create MS SQL 2008 database on godaddy, but enable the direct external access.

Using "Generate Scripts" in sql management studio from the local db, then copy and paste that script and run it in the query analyser on the godaddy one.

Then I use the same generate scripts, but this time only enable the "script data" feature, so copy all data.

I didn't try script both structure and data at the same time, but you might be able to give it a try.

I tried using "Export Data" after the structure is created, but the identity insert won't let me insert ID column, that's why I use generate scripts.

After that, just upload your local nop files, but change the "App_Data/Settings.txt" to the godaddy db connection string.

*** One thing is, I created a folder on the root, make this folder as it's Application in "IIS Management", and upload the store to this folder, also make this folder "writable".  I phone godaddy support, they won't allow root write access.

I haven't use the new store yet, I will give it a try and see if there are any problems.  So far I can get to the public and admin area.

Hope it helps
12 years ago
yeah I can get a new store up and running but cant get my data to convert.
I created a new store, new db, then i restored my live data into the new store, ran the two upgrade scripts and I almost had it. I was able to see the store.

However, I went to change the theme to nop classic and it bombed out. Now I get this
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. I did set the web.config to off

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
12 years ago
Hi nopgabriel,

You said that you have been able to access the admin section after the various upgrades. Have you check the log to see if the errors are being logged with any more detail (System menu->Log)

TTFN

Ant
12 years ago
yeah, i did that, no errors in the log. And I do go through the motions. Clear cache restart application, etc.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.