nopCommerce 2.20 critical issue fix (duplicated customer roles after installation)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,

I was bringing a 1.9 version up to 2.3 and I see that at some point I inherited the duplicate problem.
I upgraded from 1.9 to 2.0 to 2.1 to 2.2 to 2.3 and have duplicate customer roles, duplicate langauges, shipping methods, payment methods etc.. I must have downloaded the bad 2.2 version when it came out and never downloaded the one with the fix.

So I'm at 2.3 now with duplicates. Is there something I can do to get rid of them? I see a manual process mentioned near the beginning of this post, but don't see any further mention of it.

Can anyone offer any insight here. I made quite a few changes to the database  after upgrading to 2.3 and don't want to have to try and recreate them (not sure that I could).

Thanks.
12 years ago
do you have your previous 1.9 backup? .bak file ? the best solution to restore your database back to 1.9 and start you upgrade over with the correct solution changeset 2d6471a01dcd
12 years ago
As I said, I've made numerous changes to the database and I'm not sure I could easily recreate them all. So, is there another way to remove the duplicates?

Thanks.
12 years ago
otimtyler wrote:
As I said, I've made numerous changes to the database and I'm not sure I could easily recreate them all. So, is there another way to remove the duplicates?

Connect to your database and manually remove the duplicates.

BTW, this issue doesn't affect upgrade from the previous versions (only new 2.10 installations).
12 years ago
Thanks for your quick reply.

I could have sworn I started the process with 1.9, but looking back you are of course correct... I started with 2.1.

I didn't want to just start deleting duplicates from the DB in case the tables were joined to  others in a manner that would cause problems down the road.

I deleted all the duplicates I could find using SSMS. It appears the duplicates were confined to tables which were tied to the "configuraton" tab in the admin area (almost all of them).  Is this correct, or do I need to look for more.

Thanks again.
12 years ago
you do what, customer roles are duplicated still, other stuff like, shipping method, payment method etc got fixed with new 2.2 releasse, but customer role is still duplicaated, i have done this many time, upgrade from 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 to 2.2 (2.2 the latest one), i dont know how to delete duplicate roles from database,
12 years ago
If you have Microsoft SQL Server Management Console (SSMS) installed, just open up you database, navigate to the  CustomerRole table, right click on the table, select the rows you want to delete, right click again on the rows you selected and click delete. You should be good from there.
12 years ago
Thanks for your advise will try that today..
12 years ago
I posted a fix to this solution here.
10 years ago
Ver 3.0

Duplicate stuff

I have 4 of everything in the " Message Templates"
I have 4 of all customer roles

I created a problem with adding info - after install

I thought that I had it all going well

I had to relink all items to all catagories after i deleted a site and then did a system restore.

I thought that it was OK - untill a few minutes ago - I see that I now have dupicate records.

I have 2 sites running on iis 8

I plan on several more - NOT MULTI WEB YET - INDEPENDENT WEBS

They were working Ok untill I deleted one of them - then did a system restore top correct issue

One site is working OK - the other is showing 4 duplicate items as mentioned above  

I do not want to have to do another install to correct this -

I do not have the source code version

Can I correct using fix W/O source ciode version

HELP
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.