2.2 Structure

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I just scrapped my 2.1 and installed a fresh version of 2.2 on an XP machine, running the Webmatrix platform (SQL Express and IIS Express).  I used the ZIP file version.  

Is there anywhere to read about the file structure of the nop system?  For example a couple of week ago I was trying to find the file below and decided to put it off until 2.2.

I still don't understand where the "nop.services" area is located.  It's not in the website directory anywhere (the specific file below is not important, I just want to figure out where everything is).

nop.Services.catalog.manufcturerService.cs
-or-
src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Catalog\ManufacturerService.cs

Thanks,

Mike
PS: I do have Visual Web Dev 2010 Express if that's better than the Webmatrix coder.
12 years ago
Hi Mike

You'll need to be running the source version to find it, in the Libararies Folder, Nop.Services App.

Regards
Ron
12 years ago
WDD wrote:
Hi Mike

You'll need to be running the source version to find it, in the Libararies Folder, Nop.Services App.

Regards
Ron

Thank you Ron!  I reinstalled using the source version and now I see the libraries folder with all the .cs files.  So that structure is there but I'm at a loss as to how to continue.  

I'm a Coldfusion dev and this is all new to me.  I can't get the thing running to save my life.  

Will this require I use Visual Web Dev Express?  Would somebody mind giving me a push start here?  

Thanks for any advice...

Mike
12 years ago
mswhat wrote:
Hi Mike

Regards
Ron

Thank you Ron!  I reinstalled using the source version and now I see the libraries folder with all the .cs files.  So that structure is there but I'm at a loss as to how to continue.  

I'm a Coldfusion dev and this is all new to me.  I can't get the thing running to save my life.  

Will this require I use Visual Web Dev Express?  Would somebody mind giving me a push start here?  

Thanks for any advice...

Mike

Mike,

To run the source version you will need to open the solution file in Visual Studio (NopCommerce.sln). Once the project is opened without errors you will need to build the project and run the Nop.Web application. If you right click on "Nop.Web" in solution explorer and set it as the startup project just press f5 and it will build and run the website.

If you receive errors while opening the project (e.g. project type not supported) you will need to install ASP MVC3 tools.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12324/error-opening-solution-in-visual-stidio-2010-professional.aspx
12 years ago
skyler.severns wrote:

Mike,

To run the source version you will need to open the solution file in Visual Studio (NopCommerce.sln). Once the project is opened without errors you will need to build the project and run the Nop.Web application. If you right click on "Nop.Web" in solution explorer and set it as the startup project just press f5 and it will build and run the website.

If you receive errors while opening the project (e.g. project type not supported) you will need to install ASP MVC3 tools.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12324/error-opening-solution-in-visual-stidio-2010-professional.aspx

Awesome...that did it.  It's up and running and I guess I have some work to do on learning Visual Studio. ;  )  

So anytime I make a code change does it have to be rebuilt before running?  It looks like it's using ASP.net dev server by default.  I wonder if I should move it over to IIS Express?  

Thanks Skyler,

Mike
12 years ago
mswhat wrote:

Mike,

Awesome...that did it.  It's up and running and I guess I have some work to do on learning Visual Studio. ;  )  

So anytime I make a code change does it have to be rebuilt before running?  It looks like it's using ASP.net dev server by default.  I wonder if I should move it over to IIS Express?  

Thanks Skyler,

Mike

You are welcome Mike. Whether or not you need to rebuild depends on the changes you are making. C# is compiled language so if you're changing classes then you will need to rebuild, but changing a view file (*.cshtml) you will not need to recompile.
12 years ago
I'm only able to view the store in Visual Studio after hitting the F5 key...if I try to run it from a browser there's no default document.  

Am I supposed to "publish" nop.web (and any other web apps) to a folder on my web server (local) before I can view them in a browser and simulate a real site?
12 years ago
mswhat wrote:
I'm only able to view the store in Visual Studio after hitting the F5 key...if I try to run it from a browser there's no default document.  

Am I supposed to "publish" nop.web (and any other web apps) to a folder on my web server (local) before I can view them in a browser and simulate a real site?

Does your webserver have asp.net mvc3 installed?
12 years ago
skyler.severns wrote:

Does your webserver have asp.net mvc3 installed?

Yes it does have asp.net mvc3 installed.

The folder where I unpacked the .rar file is where I'm opening the project from.  If I create a website from that, there is no default doc and it won't run.  

However, I followed the instructions in the deploying.readme file in 2.2 for the manual install (step 1).  I published nop.web and nop.admin to a folder then copied them to a web server folder (along with the dlls and plugins as instructed).

Now after creating a new site from folder in Webmatrix it looks like it's sending me through the setup process for nopCommerce which is good.  But then I'm back to where I was on the file structure, with no libraries folder for altering the cs source.

So I'm guessing any code changes will need to be made in the original project and then published to the website side?  I guess I'm confused as to why everything wouldn't be all together.

Thanks for the patience!

Mike
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.