Link between ERP system and nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Do you have any idea how to make a link between ERP system and nopCommerce.

I have ERP system with special code for every product. Now i need to use this with nopComerce for
import .xml into the nopCommerce. This thing is for matching product between ERP and nopCommerce.

Can i use any column in table Nop_Product,  Nop_ProductAttribute table or any other table in nopCommerce database?

Did you do anyone with this.

Thanks.

Jiri Vesely
14 years ago
HI Jiri,
I would recommend that you disconnect the functionality between the ERP and nopCommerce. Write web service and put it the Admin section, then use the existing methods via this web service. This way you do not need to access the tables directly and you know that it will work. Also this will limit the integration required for each System
13 years ago
Hi,

Could you explain this in detail?
11 years ago
I am having the same problem. Can you give us an example of how to implement a web service that (for example) populates the products from another database (the ERP database in our case)
11 years ago
christophad wrote:
I am having the same problem. Can you give us an example of how to implement a web service that (for example) populates the products from another database (the ERP database in our case)

Check the webservices the plugin example in Nop (listed in admin demo)
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/17059/need-developer-for-integration-with-dynamics-nav.aspx
11 years ago
Dear all I did what you said, Actually I changed alttle a bit the current webservice plugin to have the methods I need.
For example I created a method

void AddProduct(string name, string productGID, string shortDescription, string fullDescription,
            byte[] pictureBinary, decimal price, string categoryName, string usernameOrEmail, string userPassword);

in order to insert products.

Now I need to create a second in order to receive Orders

for example my method should have signature

IEnumerable<Order> LoadAllOrders(string usernameOrEmail, string userPassword);

In order to make the Order objects seriazible I added the [DataContract] attribute both in Order class as well as in baseEntity class.
I also added [DataMember] attribute to each member of this class.

When from my client try to call this method I get HTTP error. The only way I have managed to get data from nopcommerce back to my client is by calling
public DataSet ExecuteDataSet(string[] sqlStatements, string usernameOrEmail, string userPassword)

The problem is I do not want DATASETS. I need objects.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.