2.6 Running Slow on Cloud Service

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
We recently installed a 2.6 service believing that it would run much faster than the 2.5 version. And it does, but the initial page load still take 15 seconds plus to load and we're seeing unusual spikes in RAM (from 100 megs to 300 megs) for each request.

I really like the upgrades made for performance for 2.6 (it screams on our local machines) and believe there must be something else that's environmental when running in our cloud.

Are there any suggested settings to run NopCommerce 2.6 on a cloud?

Truly appreciate the direction.

And thumbs up for the software upgrade, by the way. It's very nice.
11 years ago
There are a lot variables that could be in play.

1. Is the 15 second initial load every time you hit the home page or just the first time?
2. How many products are you loading on the home page?
3. Are you using the default theme or do you have a customized one with more graphics/etc.

Those are the big ones with #2 being the biggest reason.  Lazy loading is used fairly heavily in nopcommerce and when you load a product you end up getting a fairly large data graph.  By making the navigation properties of Product.cs non-virtual you will disable the lazy loading of the child entities.  However, this could have far reaching implications as I know these child entities are used elsewhere.

t
11 years ago
Thanks!

It's embarrassing, but I've got a site with two products and no fancy nothing. There is a custom theme, but it only includes one background image and a number of CSS overrides. It's as close to "out of the box" that I could make it.

The initial load is actually the load of the first byte. Once the transfer starts, the page displays reasonably well, but that first page load is all server side query and running.

I know NopCommerce can run great on the cloud. I just don't know the secret sauce.

Thanks for your help.
11 years ago
If there is no activity on the site, then the application pool (depending on your host) can time out and upon initial load takes longer to load than every subsequent request.  That can be an issue(#1 on the my previous list).
11 years ago
It's the work of the "keep alive" task, isn't it?
11 years ago
What's odd is that I pushed the App Pool recycle timeout to 3 hours from 20 minutes and the site sped up 1000 percent. With the old settings, the site ground along after each click.

Thanks for the advice.
11 years ago
How you make these changes.. I mean where in admin panel?
11 years ago
Open IIS Manager (IIS 7).

In the Connections pane, expand the server node and click Application Pools.

On the Application Pools page, select the application pool for which you want to specify idle time-out settings, and then click Advanced Settings in the Actions pane.

In the Idle Time-out (minutes) box, type a number of minutes, and then click OK.
11 years ago
i have same problem with my nop site too and i use 1.9 version in dedicated server and only 1 website i have but web site working very slow , i dont use any homepage category or homepage product , which settings i must make for dedicated server or web site performance ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.