Froogle Plugin is DANGEROUS to use.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
OK. I just generated a Google feed and it is pretty much worthless compared to the specifications Google wants. For instance for some reason the XML is full of inline CSS attributes. Will it work I don't know but it looks far easier to just cut and paste items in the feed and then edit the tags.
10 years ago
Hi,
I experience the same problem here. It looks more like an RSS feed. Version 3.20
J.
10 years ago
Quantis001 wrote:
Hi,
I experience the same problem here. It looks more like an RSS feed. Version 3.20
J.

It is RSS feed, it is not csv what I expected. Seems to have correct layout. I modified the source to accommodate for correct description field. Also I coded a scheduler to have it updated every 8 hours.

J.

https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11878
8 years ago
Is this Auto Generate File setting been elimintated? I am running nop version 3.5 with Google Shopping version 1.66 and I don't see this setting in All Settings or in the Config for the plugin. I am just starting to use this plugin to syndicate my products to Google and would like to not have to manually generate the file every day.

a.m. wrote:

2.  You enabled "Automatically generate a file" in Froogle plugin. When this option is enabled, a file is automatically generate each X minutes (you can specify X value) so you don't have to manually click "Generate feed" button. The file is generated using the latest configuration ("Hardware > Plumbing Supplies" in your case). Then you uploaded the new file to Google. Do you have "Automatically generate a file" enabled?
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
When enabling this plugin what exactly does it send to google?
Hi Greg,

Froogle plugin works fine. And it DOES NOT send anything to Google until you configure it to do so.

I have several presumption why it happened:
1. You specified a URL (it's static) where your generated Froogle file is stored in Google Merchant Center. So Google periodically downloads the generated Froogle file stored on your site. I cannot find this option in Google Merchant Center right now, but I remember it was there. So you generate a new feed on your site and Google automatically downloaded it.
2.  You enabled "Automatically generate a file" in Froogle plugin. When this option is enabled, a file is automatically generate each X minutes (you can specify X value) so you don't have to manually click "Generate feed" button. The file is generated using the latest configuration ("Hardware > Plumbing Supplies" in your case). Then you uploaded the new file to Google. Do you have "Automatically generate a file" enabled?

Where is the feed that i generated stored? It's not in the googleproducts table that it
created because I looked using SQL but the feed is there because the next tab lets
you modify the categories and all the products are there.
Go to your Froogle plugin configuration page and you'll see "Generated file path (static)" field with a URL to the file (it's visible once you generated a file at least one and it's saved on the file system). It should be in the following format: "http://localhost:2619/content/files/exportimport/froogle_{some_random_number_here}.xml"

Hi Andrei

Does Froogle work for nopCommerce 3.8?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.