Configure Payment Method Problems - URGENT

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi

I recently upgraded a site from V2.4 to V2.6 and everything works fine until a ucstomer gets to the confirmation stage of a purchase when there is an Internal Error message. When I go into admin and try to configure a payment method I also get an Internal Error message. I get this error whatever payment method I try to look at.

Did I miss something in the upgrade?

Help!

Regards

Rob
11 years ago
Look in your System Log for the full detail on the error.  If you post it we might be able to point you in the right direction.
11 years ago
Hi

The Error in the system log is

Execution of the child request failed. Please examine the InnerException for more information.

This occurs when moving from the shipping to the payment stage.

There are also 3 repeated warnings which might be relevant.

Resource string (shop) is not found. Language ID = 1
Resource string (membership) is not found. Language ID = 1
Resource string (links) is not found. Language ID = 1

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Rob
11 years ago
Hi Rob,

I know this might seem like an obvious one, but did you run the database upgrade script(s) when you upgraded to v2.6?

Regards,

Nick
11 years ago
Hi

Yes I ran the scripts and had no errors with either the 2.4 to 2.5 or 2.5 to 2.6.

I'm quite baffled - it all worked before the upgrade.

Regards

Rob
11 years ago
Hi Rob,

Only other thing I can think of is to look in System -> Warnings and see if there are any clues.
(The Warnings feature is new in v2.6 I think - it performs some basic checks on files, permissions and config settings and reports any issues that it finds)

Regards,

Nick
11 years ago
There are no bad warnings - everything has a green tick.

I can't help thinking that this is a database issue. If I pick to Configure any of the Payment Methods I get an error.

Regards

Rob
11 years ago
Have you tried turning off custom errors in the web.config file?
That might give you a proper .NET stack trace when you click configure.

Regards,

Nick
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.