Upgrade from 1.9

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi

I currently have a nopcommerce site running 1.9, hosted by aspnethosting.co.uk.

I would like to update to the latest version to utilise more of the features.

Do I need to update each version or can I skip?

Kind regards

David
11 years ago
you need to upgrade to each version by using the upgrading script
1.9 -> 2.0 ->2.1......2.6
11 years ago
Maybe acting really dull here...but I have no clue how to execute the update script.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
11 years ago
you need to install the database management studio first.
then you open the script files in the studio.

it's a bit troublesome when you upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 because they are using different tables.
you need to install 2.0 into 1.9's database without sample data, so both 1.9 and 2.0 tables are residing in same database. then run the 1.9->2.0 script file in management studio.

2.0 to 2.X upgrading are quite strait forward.
11 years ago
I have many sites running on 1.9.

We had not been planning on having to change our web servers to support MVC, but it now seems that we may have to in order to access new features.

Though we're not pleased with the end of nop asp.net, I guess we will have to plan to "convert".

I assume that we don't just "upgrade" nopCommerce installations though - going from 1.9 means also installing asp.net MVC on the servers.

I wonder if any of the experts on here know what's involved in the evolution to MVC?

Thx.

David
11 years ago
I agree with nodev did it myself recently. the trick is you have to install nop 2.0 fist to the database before doing the upgrade. this is critical. i did the upgrade before installing 2.0.

then you just use the upgrade scripts on the database until you get to the version you want. once you have upgraded then upload your files and away you go.

hope this helps
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.