Upgrade 2.6 to 2.65

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi
Forgive the newbie question. I have downloaded the upgrade script to upgrade from 2.6 to 2.65. The initial 2.6 installation was done directly on the host server. Where / how do i run the sql 2.65 upgrade script? Do i FTP copy back files (which ones?) to my laptop from the host, run the sql script somewhere and then FTP the files back to the host server?
11 years ago
ok, an update, I ran the sql script via the SSMS and it seemed to run ok, but looking at the sql query it creates various tables, but looking at the list of tables i cant see the new ones i.e. keywordproducts. How do i know the script has done what it was meant to?

Also the readme.txt says

3. Remove all files from the previous version except App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt
4. Upload new site files
5. Copy back App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files
6. Ensure that everything is OK

where are the new site files to upload?
11 years ago
The table #keywordproducts is a temporary table used by the stored procedure 'ProductLoadAllPaged' -you won't see this table in your database. The upgrade script drops and recreates this stored procedure. SMSS will display a message at the bottom 'Query executed successfully' if the script executes with no errors.

The 'new site files' in step 4 refers to the no source release of nopCommerce (nopCommerce 2.65 - Web (no source code)) or the deployable files created from the source (nopCommerce 2.65 - Source Code) with 'Prepare.bat' and 'Deploy.bat'.

nopCommerce 2.65 source and no source downloads:
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/releases/view/90459

11 years ago
tried to do all this five hours ago and still getting no where.

i upgraded the database and had a couple of errors nothing huge then everyytime i upload all the files it keep wanting to go to the installation page. then when i go through the installation page i keep getting inner exception errors
11 years ago
thanks mb, just what i needed, seemed to upgrade ok. The store is available
11 years ago
the photoball king wrote:
tried to do all this five hours ago and still getting no where.

i upgraded the database and had a couple of errors nothing huge then everyytime i upload all the files it keep wanting to go to the installation page. then when i go through the installation page i keep getting inner exception errors

The install page will display if the file App_Data\Settings.txt is not present or is present but doesn't have a connection string defined. The site may have been accessed with the new files in place, but before the Settings.txt file was uploaded.

To resolve, ensure the file App_Data\Settings.txt is present and has a connection string, then click the 'Restart installation' link at the bottom of the install page. This will restart the application and redirect you to the home page.

11 years ago
I hate to say it but this is the third version upgrade and it has been a nightmare each time. I have had to enter the data again each time. Surely it cant have been that hard to upgrade without everything coming down about my ears.

I did any upgrade via my webhost and nothing but problems. then did an upgrade via local host and upgrade worked fine but the database wont work on my host.

I have a website at the moment with only blank details because the database is not upgrading properly.

Why is this happening, what am i doing?? Some help would greatly appreciated. i cant even go back to my back up because of the change to asp.

hope someone can help and quickly because i am right in the middle of the busy season for me. Happy to pay someone.

UPDATE

I think i upgraded the wrong database and the one i should have updated has become corrupt. Now i have to start again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.