Upgrade ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I am thinking of upgrading from 1.90   to the latest version . My question is we are using a custom template will that still work and also will all my data stay ? We have over a thousand different product that have taken some time to put in just don't want to destroy it .
11 years ago
orccool1 wrote:
I am thinking of upgrading from 1.90   to the latest version . My question is we are using a custom template will that still work and also will all my data stay ? We have over a thousand different product that have taken some time to put in just don't want to destroy it .

https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/80/upgrading-nopcommerce.aspx
11 years ago
Could you confirm something for me which is not clear in the upgrade information. I know you have to do each step upgrade. i.e 1.7 to 1.8 to 1.9 etc But do you have to upload all source files each step or is it only the database you have to upgrade and then upload source files when you get to the verion you are going to run
11 years ago
Only the database needs updating in stages.

I can't stress how important it is to backup everything before hand and to do this upgrading on a development website not your live production site.

Even if the DB update goes smoothly it may take you some time to get the pages looking how you had them + implementing any custom changes you had made. And then there is testing to do.
11 years ago
Thanks for the information daveb, I appreciate it.

Its a bit daunting as we have to upgrade from 1.6 to current version and will need to move the hosting from ASP.NET 3.5 to Win 2008 and the database from 2005 to 2008.

The shop which I set up for a client has been running well for a couple of years but they now want to upgrade to the improved features.

We do intend to go offline for a period and upgrade using a staging site and then move it live

http://www.mandsmotorcycles.co.uk/shop/

I'll post how it goes

thanks a lot

Stu
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.