Writing Models/Controllers/Views --- Need Help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I'm using the nopcommerce 2.65. I have searched a lot about its architecture and all. Read lot of posts about the same. I wanted to ask when it is required to write new models/controllers/views? I'm very confused about it. Please if someone can explain me this.

Your inputs are highly appreciable as I have just started working on nopcommerce.

Regards,
Ricky
11 years ago
ricky_maha24 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm using the nopcommerce 2.65. I have searched a lot about its architecture and all. Read lot of posts about the same. I wanted to ask when it is required to write new models/controllers/views? I'm very confused about it. Please if someone can explain me this.

Your inputs are highly appreciable as I have just started working on nopcommerce.

Regards,
Ricky

This is more of an MVC question, and there is no easy way to answer this question as it's very contextual. I'll try anyway:

- An Action in a Controller usually is paired with 1 View and 1 Model. (This is the typical case, not a hard-and-fast rule).
- In usual customization you don't need to add any Controller in nopCommerce, as the controller you have in nopCommerce is already quite comprehensive. Most of the time you'd want to add a new Action (together with View and Model).

Try to tackle MVC before you go further. Your ability to develop in nopCommerce (MVC versions) is pretty much limited by your knowledge of MVC. If you have a good grasp of MVC, then nopCommerce becomes very natural. :D
11 years ago
You would only need to create a new Controller/View/Model if you are customizing Nop.  Usually you will need to only add a View and/or Model for such pieces.  In rare cases, you'll need a new Controller, but again, that's a rare case.  Most of the time you just add a new Action to a Controller rather than create an entirely new one.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.