Add custom topic to header menu

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
OK, now I did that change and have a small glitch.

I changed it to:
<a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "Links" })">@T("Links")</a>

and instead of showing up in the "infoblock" and "Links". It shows up as "links". :)

How did that happen? http://www.accheaters.com/t/Links
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:

I changed it to:

and instead of showing up in the "infoblock" and "Links". It shows up as "links". :)

That's the default behavior when you use @T and has not added a localization string at the admin. You either remove @T or you add a localization string at the backend. :)
11 years ago
wooncherk wrote:

I changed it to:

That's the default behavior when you use @T and has not added a localization string at the admin. You either remove @T or you add a localization string at the backend. :)

All the other lines have the @T in them and they are still displaying correctly?

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "Links" })">@T("Links")</a></li>
            <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "privacyinfo" })">@T("PrivacyNotice")</a></li>
            <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "conditionsofUse" })">@T("ConditionsOfUse")</a></li>
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:

I changed it to:

All the other lines have the @T in them and they are still displaying correctly?

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "Links" })">@T("Links")</a></li>
            <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "privacyinfo" })">@T("PrivacyNotice")</a></li>
            <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "conditionsofUse" })">@T("ConditionsOfUse")</a></li>

As explained, that's the default behavior if you don't have localization string in the DB, which you don't have for 'links'. :)
11 years ago
I assume (dont know for sure) that @T means "At Topics" since the new page was added to the topics.

I dont have visual studio or a way to edit a sql database. Or knowledge to do it if I did.

Whats my next option to accomplish adding a Links page?
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:
I assume (dont know for sure) that @T means "At Topics" since the new page was added to the topics.

I dont have visual studio or a way to edit a sql database. Or knowledge to do it if I did.

Whats my next option to accomplish adding a Links page?

@T means localization. 'Translate'. You don't need to know database to edit localization string. It's editable at the admin under Configurations -> Languages. :)
11 years ago
You really got it together my friend!

That did the trick!
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:
You really got it together my friend!

That did the trick!

:D
9 years ago
Hi Wooncherk,

How do you add a topic page to header menu in version nop3.3? I've been trying to look for Views/Common/Menu.cshtml but it's not there.
Also, how to show just "blog" on header menu?

Thank you
9 years ago
wooncherk wrote:
Try this:

- Check at the backend the System Name of the topic that you want linked to
- Find out which View you want to include the link in
- Create a link in the View that has the following pattern:

<a href="@Url.Content("~/t/TOPIC-SYSTEM-NAME")">LINK_TEXT</a>

This should do the trick. :D

Please in the versione 3.30 this code don't works...
you can help me pleaseeeeeeee?
thanks XD
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.