500 Error Each Time Pages Are Clicked

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2012 Express. When I did that I had the option to download nopCommerce at the same time. The install went well and I had no problems configuring the site on my local machine. The site works and I have pretend products in my store locally.

I think went to install nopCommerce on my Arvixe account. I noticed that nopCommerce was an application I could install through the Microsoft Web App Gallery. I went through the set up steps on there and it deployed a nopCommerce site to my web hosting. Everything looked good there too with the default install.

I took a bunch of the css changes I had made and tried deploying them to the web hosting system and now the home page loads, but doesn't look like the same page as my local copy (I didn't really expect it to, I created a custom theme). But when I try to go to any page I get a default 500 error.

How do I troubleshoot this? Did I actually install 2 different versions of nopCommerce? Should I start over on the web hosting server?
11 years ago
You need to locate the 500 error message details.  First, try updating your web.config to include <customErrors mode="off" />. This should give you more details on the issue with the hosting installation. If you just uploaded changes, it's possible you have a permissions issue after upload.
11 years ago
My web config has the mode turned off on the customErrors, but I'm still not getting the actual errors to the screen. Just the generic 500 error.
11 years ago
Unfortunately, if you are still seeing the 500 error you can do two things: 1) Make sure your web.config is valid. 2) Check the server logs for the actual error message generated.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.