My orders have suddenly disappeared - no orders in the order list - Please help :-(

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Guys, I am in a very bad situation.  This is a live site and suddenly all my orders have disappeared... when I go to the order list none are shown.

I am using Nopcommerce version 2.65.  It was working fine earlier, has been for a long time, I have not made any recent changes to the source code.  Since this is the case, it does not seem like it could be the code...

If you have any ideas or thoughts, please O please reply.  I have a customer that has just paid for an order, but I can't see it from the order list, I only got the email notification.

When I open up the database, it looks like all my orders are still there.... So it does not look like the orders have been deleted.

Like I said, any help, thought, or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
10 years ago
Hi Tim,

Try debugging.
1. Open\Administration\Controllers\OrderController.cs
2. Find "OrderList" method
3. Are your orders loaded from a database?

If yes, then they're just not displayed for some reasons (in cshtml)

If no, then use SQL Server profiler in order to see the generated "load orders" SQL command and try debugging why it's done
10 years ago
I figured it out!  The last customer to order from my store did not put anything in the state field in their billing address.  

Since I had configured the order list a long time ago to show the state, this new order caused the whole list to not display.

It is such a relief to get this working again!

My hosting provider SoftSys hosting was very helpful and fast.  I highly recommend them!  I contacted them at first because I thought that my site might have been hacked or something might have changed on the server.  

Not only did they reply very fast and answer all my questions, but when asked, they were even willing to check it out for me.  They found that if they set the order list to display only the delivered orders, the list displayed fine.  This was the major turning point in finding what was wrong, as it pointed to the problem being with one of the last pending or processing orders.

Their being willing to help like this went way above and beyond what they had to do... and they did not even charge me anything!  I am so grateful for their amazing service I guest had to put in a good word for them. :-)
10 years ago
Hi Andrei!

I guess I was writing my second post when you replied to my first one.  

I am glad it works now, but I just wanted to take the time to thank you for replying.  I really appreciate it!  This had me really scared for a while there.

I remember when I was implementing the states on the order list thing through help on this forum you warning about if some countries did not have a "state" there would be a problem.  Now I know why! :-)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.