Query about checkout attribute.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hello,

I am new to this e-commerce platform and have been studding this since last couple of weeks. I have few doubts (sorry if these doubts sounds stupid.

Suppose i am selling a photo-frame and at the bottom of the photo-frame, there is an option of writing a message. Now i want to put few images of messages in checkout attribute. User can select one of the image or if he want to put his own words then he can write his own matter in next attribute(whose control type would be inline textbox). Now i am facing problem:

1> How to use images as a value for checkout attribute(whose control type would be radio button)?
2>How to use bbcode editor as inout for checkout attribute?
3> How to make one of the two checkout attribute as required input from user?

Please reply to me asap. Please.

Thanks,
Siddhant Shah
10 years ago
no one to help me?????
10 years ago
None of them is available out of the box. They will require customization work.
10 years ago
thank you for replying... being a newbie, it will be really help full to me if you c\can guide me how to do that or few links from where i can get an idea for the same?
10 years ago
blendednuerone wrote:
thank you for replying... being a newbie, it will be really help full to me if you c\can guide me how to do that or few links from where i can get an idea for the same?

Sorry but I dont have much codding expereicne. Search in nop forums using google search focused on nop ([search words] site:nopcommerce.com)
10 years ago
Don't use "Checkout Attribute" which is for the entire cart; You want product specific, so use "Product Attributes".
You may want to see if this works for you...
For each Product, set up multiple Variants - each having a picture.  Then set up another attribute with no picture (or maybe a picture of "Your text here" - this product variant should be set up with an attribute of type text.
10 years ago
New York wrote:
Don't use "Checkout Attribute" which is for the entire cart; You want product specific, so use "Product Attributes".
You may want to see if this works for you...
For each Product, set up multiple Variants - each having a picture.  Then set up another attribute with no picture (or maybe a picture of "Your text here" - this product variant should be set up with an attribute of type text.

Thankyou... That help me allot... Can you please tell me how to i use BBCode editor as input for editor?

Actually i am dealing with a greeting card shopping cart where we need user to inout inside verse for cards. For that we need BBCode editor so that user can slecet font, colors, etc. I was planning for something like this:

http://www.hallmark.com/personalization/cardpersonalization/1PGC7800_DK/0

but i dont think its possible for a newbie to do this so thinking of just placing a ttribute with bbr thisCode. Please help me fo
10 years ago
blendednuerone wrote:
Hello,

I am new to this e-commerce platform and have been studding this since last couple of weeks. I have few doubts (sorry if these doubts sounds stupid.

Suppose i am selling a photo-frame and at the bottom of the photo-frame, there is an option of writing a message. Now i want to put few images of messages in checkout attribute. User can select one of the image or if he want to put his own words then he can write his own matter in next attribute(whose control type would be inline textbox). Now i am facing problem:

1> How to use images as a value for checkout attribute(whose control type would be radio button)?
2>How to use bbcode editor as inout for checkout attribute?
3> How to make one of the two checkout attribute as required input from user?

Please reply to me asap. Please.

Thanks,
Siddhant Shah

None of 1 and 2  requirements is available out of the box. They require customization work. For 1) there is a workitem in the roadmap for v3.1.
For 3 define the checkout attribute as "Required"
10 years ago
Thank you replying me...

However, I have one more question if you dont mind...

Since this can't be done with nopCommerce out of the box (and we are not good in customizing nopCommerce at all), we are planning to add an additional .aspx page to which user will be redirect in case he/she want to use their own words which will be placed inside the card. Once user has done all the editing, he will click on 'Confirm and Continue' button which will perform two tasks:

a) It will convert the words into a ,pdf file and save it into a folder.
b) It will it will redirect user to the product page and will place name of .pdf file in one of the attribute field which user cannot alter.

Please tell me this is possible and also let me know how to achieve it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.