Need more detail on Installation of 3.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Do I upload the upgrade.sql to the server?
Where do I put to to run, root directory...

How do I execute it?  Do I just type the file name in the browser URL bar?
10 years ago
Please provide more details.

Is it a new install or are you trying to upgrade to 3.0? Moreover, what hosting you're using? VPS or Shared hosting? Once you share more details we or someone else will be able to help you on how to do it.
10 years ago
I am upgrading from 2.8 to 3.0.  I am on shared hosting with Arvixe.com
10 years ago
Ramon - do you have a staging environment separate from your live site, or a local instance you've tested your upgrade on before applying it to your live site?
10 years ago
I have a test domain to use as the staging area.  I was unsure how to run the upgrade program so I didn't know how to use the staging area.
10 years ago
It seems like a simple question I had originally asked.

How to I execute the upgrade.sql file?
10 years ago
Found the answer in another post.

You need to open the SQL Server Management Studio application (or a third-party query analyzer if you use one), connect to the database server using your database server name or IP address. Once you are connected there will be a dropdown up top to select which database you want to use. Click New Query to write a new query, copy the contents of the upgrade script into this window, then hit execute.

I did this and it worked with no errors.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.