Can I have Multi-store owners in v3.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi All,

I haven't been able to figure out yet if I can have multiple store owners in Version 3.0...

I realise that I can have 3 stores, probably each with their own set of products if I own/run a clothing online store, a computer/IT store and a cleaning products store, but what if I wanted to split them out and have 3 different people running them..

Can I give an admin access to only one of the stores.. and therefore only see sales and inventory, etc for that single store...??

Or is it still one big store essentially at the backend..??

Thanks
10 years ago
I think the best way to do this is with three separate installations of nopCommerce.  you can have all three running on the same server, configured in different websites in IIS.  Configure IIS to redirect a user to one of your 3 websites depending on what URI they are trying to access your website with.
10 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply.

I had a feeling you'd say that..  oh well..  Maybe I'll just have to make a few mods to the system them..

Thanks
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

Can I give an admin access to only one of the stores.. and therefore only see sales and inventory, etc for that single store...??

Make them a Vendor. Vendor can see products and sales for his products only in admin.

[email protected] wrote:

Or is it still one big store essentially at the backend..??

If you use Multi Store with Vendors, then vendors can manage products and sales of their own.. and you will have one big store essentially at the backend.

Let me know if you need any help!
10 years ago
Hi Krunal,

Thanks very much..  that is a much better solution than what I had in mind after the last post....  that actually sounds like it will do exactly what I want..
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hi Krunal,

Thanks very much..  that is a much better solution than what I had in mind after the last post....  that actually sounds like it will do exactly what I want..

Glad to know that! :)
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hi Krunal,

The only problem with that is that all 3 vendors may add products in all 3 stores. A big step would be to customize it to confine vendors to add product to certain categories/manufacturers (belonging to his store). You or the mall-owner would have to manage most of the stores (configuration, system, contents, promotions, customers, most of the catalog, etc.) unless you customize the solution to let vendors do it for their stores.

What you may be requiring is a multi-tenant solution which is on the road map, but not for the short future, if ever.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.