Access Control List (ACL) help!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I was using Nop 2.65 and just downloaded and installed ver. 3 to see if there were any changes or improvements that might work in what I am trying to accomplish...I have an area or category on my site that I only want registered users to be able to access, but the category still be visible to everyone. So if a guest or non registered user can still see the category in the menu, but if they try and access this section or category, they would then be redirected to the login page and then after logging in it would take them to that category. Currently it looks like only a registered user can see and access the category or product, if you are not logged in the product or category are not even displayed, so they would not know that this category or section exists on the site...

Thanks
10 years ago
Pdesignz wrote:
I was using Nop 2.65 and just downloaded and installed ver. 3 to see if there were any changes or improvements that might work in what I am trying to accomplish...I have an area or category on my site that I only want registered users to be able to access, but the category still be visible to everyone. So if a guest or non registered user can still see the category in the menu, but if they try and access this section or category, they would then be redirected to the login page and then after logging in it would take them to that category. Currently it looks like only a registered user can see and access the category or product, if you are not logged in the product or category are not even displayed, so they would not know that this category or section exists on the site...

Thanks

Try ACL on products to hide the products from guests . You will have to do some customization if you want to redirect them to login page when they select that category.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/19389/acl-on-categoriesproductsmanufacturers-and-multi-stores.aspx
10 years ago
Thanks, I am new to MVC so I am not quite sure how I would go about coding this. Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.