Change routes for products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi, I am new in nonCommerce and I want to migrate my data from my old store to nonCommerce.
I had old pathes as [domain]/products/[product_name].htm and I should have the same in new store.

So, I can use for "Search engine friendly page name: [product_name]. But what is the best place for changes to have "/products/" and ".htm" in routes.

Thank you
10 years ago
jabware wrote:
Hi, I am new in nonCommerce and I want to migrate my data from my old store to nonCommerce.
I had old pathes as [domain]/products/[product_name].htm and I should have the same in new store.

So, I can use for "Search engine friendly page name: [product_name]. But what is the best place for changes to have "/products/" and ".htm" in routes.

Thank you

There is no need for that, because nopCommerce automatically 301 redirects the old URLs to the new URLs. :D
10 years ago
Ok, I do not use nonC and have routes like  mydomain.com/products/prod1.html

Now, I installed nComerce on my server and want to migrate data from old db to nonC db.
I installed test data and all products in nonC have path like mydomain.com/prod-name, but I need  mydomain.com/PRODUCTS/prod-name.HTM.
Where I can change this in solutions or where I can map 301 redirect?
10 years ago
jabware wrote:
Ok, I do not use nonC and have routes like  mydomain.com/products/prod1.html

Now, I installed nComerce on my server and want to migrate data from old db to nonC db.
I installed test data and all products in nonC have path like mydomain.com/prod-name, but I need  mydomain.com/PRODUCTS/prod-name.HTM.
Where I can change this in solutions or where I can map 301 redirect?

The easiest way is to use IIR Url Rewrite Module. Directly configurable through web.config, no need to touch the codebase. :D
10 years ago
Yes, it is easiest...
It works for redirects.  But when google indexes whole my site it will get totally new routes.
This is not  good as my site already 10 years there and pages have high page rank.
I am still looking for solution to change routes inside application for all links.
10 years ago
jabware wrote:
Yes, it is easiest...
It works for redirects.  But when google indexes whole my site it will get totally new routes.
This is not  good as my site already 10 years there and pages have high page rank.
I am still looking for solution to change routes inside application for all links.

Then you really have to customize the RouteProvider.cs, and GenericUrlRouteProvider.cs if you are using 2.70 and later. RouteProvider.cs is pretty straightforward. For explanation about GenericUrlRouteProvider.cs, try http://www.pronopcommerce.com/nopcommerce-id-less-url-structure-demystified-how-does-nopcommerce-270-and-280-resolve-urls. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.