favicon.ico

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
When i paste my own ico file over the existing one in root it gets replaced with nopcommerce one in the directory!. If i delete the nopcommerce one and put my own in root it replaces the image in the directory with the nopcommerce one!?!? Is this a licensing thing?

thanks d
10 years ago
favicons take a while to have their changes reflected.

if you visit your website with a different browser, you should see the new favicon

some browsers share cache data, Opera shares with Internet Explorer, so there won't be a difference between those two browsers, but if you used Internet Explorer, download Firefox or Chrome and view your website in one of those browsers after changing the favicon to view how your new favicon looks.

other then that, you basically have to wait about a day to see your favicon change

I have heard stories of visiting http://www.yourstore.com/favicon.ico and pressing ctrl + f5 fixing the problem but this never worked for me, nor has any other solution people have suggested time and time again, like clearing the browser cache.

the only thing that ever worked for me was just waiting it out.  it takes about a day.
10 years ago
Thanks but its not in the browser, its actually in the windows directory. When i psate my new image in the folder it gets over written by the nopcommerce one.
10 years ago
It could be that the favicon is being cached by OS. I have seen this a lot with FTP clients, etc. Not sure why it happens so often with ico file types, but it does. Just give it some time and see if it appears correctly.
10 years ago
In the source code where ever it references the favicon just add a parameter at the end of it to force the cache to think its a different file.

e.g.
favicon.ico?ver=1
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.