Conditional Statement on Product Attribute

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hello,
I have products that are delivered to certain customer specifications. Specifically, they are wireless phone activations and monthly refill of service.

The Product is listed as a payment amount where the customer purchases monthly service.

I have inserted several Attributes to require the buyer to provide needed information. For example:
--- Is this a new activation or a refill?
--- What is the phone number to refill?
--- If Activation, do you want to transfer existing number or want a new number?

etc., etc.

I would like to have, say ONE drop down box which ask, " New Activation / Refill",
then
If it is a new activation a series of other pertinent questions pop up/ appear.
If it is just a refill, then all I need is a phone number to refill and only that popup appears.

This would make the page a lot cleaner, rather than having all those question out there.

Question 1: Where is the "views" for the Product Attributes?
Question 2: Could I place an If/Then type statement for this?
Question 3: Can this be done? Is there another way you can suggest to do this?

Thanks!
10 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/18325/suggestion-conditional-product-variant-and-checkout-attributes-depending-on-other-attributes.aspx
10 years ago
Thank you  .... and I am utilizing these features as best as I think able.

But in these examples you directed me to:

Example for selling printed t-shirts:

NAME  ATTRIBUTE                       CONDITION                               TYPE              VALUES
Printing  Image printed in your t-shirt?  none                                  radio buttons   Maddona|Elvis|your photo
Color  Color of your t-shirt                  none                                  radio buttons   black|white|red
Photo  Upload your photo                  Printing = your photo                  upload file  
Name  Your name printed?                  Printing = your image                  dropbox        yes in red|yes in black|no
Text  Enter your name                  Name = yes in red|yes in black  text box  

Let use line 1 ... Say you want an imprinted shirt and select radio button "Elvis"

Now, Madonna shirts are available in Pink and White, BUT Elvis shirts are in Black and Red  ... so, what you would like,

if Madonna is selected, a radio button with only Pink and White appear

If Elvis is selected, a radio button with only Black and Red appear

... and then as you drill down the options appear as required ..

is this possible?
10 years ago
realdigital wrote:
Thank you  .... and I am utilizing these features as best as I think able.

But in these examples you directed me to:

Example for selling printed t-shirts:

NAME  ATTRIBUTE                       CONDITION                               TYPE              VALUES
Printing  Image printed in your t-shirt?  none                                  radio buttons   Maddona|Elvis|your photo
Color  Color of your t-shirt                  none                                  radio buttons   black|white|red
Photo  Upload your photo                  Printing = your photo                  upload file  
Name  Your name printed?                  Printing = your image                  dropbox        yes in red|yes in black|no
Text  Enter your name                  Name = yes in red|yes in black  text box  

Let use line 1 ... Say you want an imprinted shirt and select radio button "Elvis"

Now, Madonna shirts are available in Pink and White, BUT Elvis shirts are in Black and Red  ... so, what you would like,

if Madonna is selected, a radio button with only Pink and White appear

If Elvis is selected, a radio button with only Black and Red appear

... and then as you drill down the options appear as required ..

is this possible?

This was only an example for the suggestion I made. The main idea is that some attributes will show depending on the values selected for previous attributes. In the case of your example you have to define 2 attributes for t-shirt colors one for when Madonna is selected (pink/white) and another (black/red) for Elvis.
The suggestion is just a workitem. Vote for it
10 years ago
Thanks for your time to help me with this.

I am a little "thick" here and am not understanding the link to make.

You say, "some attributes will show depending on the values selected for previous attributes."

OK, so I have "Madonna" and "Elvis" option on a radio or drop down option.

I create the second Attribute which is "color" and give this a "value" of (pink/white)  .... what makes it link to "Madonna"?

That is, if Madonna is selected what makes this Color option appear vs another Color option of Black/Red for Elvis?

Is there something I need to do to the "Madonna" attribute to link it to the particular "color" option? Is there something I need to do to the "color" attribute to appear IF Madonna is selected? What is it?

What am I missing? I don't see anything in the setup that can honor a condition ..

thanks again!
10 years ago
Here is my site page with the questions that we need from the customer

http://www.myrealmobile.com/en/7-day-unlimited

As you can see some are NOT pertinent if you just want to refill an existing account. Some are NOT pertinent if you want to activate a new number (which is further broken down if you want to transfer your existing number or want a new phone number issued)

Opening new pertinent attribute (questions) depending on the answers would 'clean' this up quite a bit.

Thanks
10 years ago
realdigital wrote:

What am I missing? I don't see anything in the setup that can honor a condition ..

thanks again!

This setting is not available yet. It is only a work-item on the road map for future releases.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.