Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
SuperCalixto wrote:
SmartStore has today the version 2.00 released.

I have posted the following  review in their new release. You can vote it up, vote down other reviews and/or do your own review.

SMARTSTORE MIGHT SOON BE GONE. It is already in court for violations to the Nopcommerce license. Users of Smartstore are morally supporting intellectual rights piracy and might be liable for this violation. For more details read:   https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/24760/smartstore-violates-nopcommerce-license-terms-lets-discuss.aspx

+1
10 years ago
I wouldn't blame SmartStore customers for piracy. Most of them are more victims then pirates.  I consider your post as not the best behaviour of NopCommerce community. some of their customers might be even unaware of all that court things, as not everyone read codeplex reviews and forums.

The best what could we do that's kindly invite smartstore customers to our NopCommerce community, as SmartStore code and database stolen from NopCommerce that's should not be a big issue to move their stores to the original NopCommerce and I believe we can give that people a good level of the support.

That's would be much better then name them pirates.
10 years ago
They don't even have to " move their stores to the original NopCommerce " if they don't want to.  They just need to abide by nopCommerce license agreement - either show the "Powered by nopCommerce", or pay the $50 to remove it.
10 years ago
kaunuk wrote:

The best what could we do that's kindly invite smartstore customers to our NopCommerce community, as SmartStore code and database stolen from NopCommerce that's should not be a big issue to move their stores to the original NopCommerce and I believe we can give that people a good level of the support.

This is a good idea. But the problem is that too few plug-ins exist for the Germany as payment methods.

Frank
10 years ago
New York wrote:
They don't even have " move their stores to the original NopCommerce " if they don't want to.  They just need to abide by nopCommerce license agreement - either show the "Powered by nopCommerce", or pay the $50 to remove it.

SmartStore claims that it is an in-house development. Therefore the customers of SmartStore know nothing of copyright infringement.
10 years ago
fbfrank wrote:

This is a good idea. But the problem is that too few plug-ins exist for the Germany as payment methods.

Frank

I believe with slightly modifications they will perfectly working on NopCommerce as well. They are positioning themselves as an open source software without any restrictions and requirements. So customers (not NopCommerce team itself ) can easily borrow that plugins. But trust me NopCommerce team can easily create few plugins for Germany. For example I created plugin for Adyen (international payment service provider) and that did not take for me ages.
10 years ago
New York wrote:
They don't even have " move their stores to the original NopCommerce " if they don't want to.  They just need to abide by nopCommerce license agreement - either show the "Powered by nopCommerce", or pay the $50 to remove it.

and who will support, bugfix and maintain their stores with dead source? Think about the people first. That's the same if you want to sell horse who is dying. SmartStore owners pirates by definition of course, but customers are different.
10 years ago
kaunuk wrote:
I wouldn't blame SmartStore customers for piracy. Most of them are more victims then pirates.  I consider your post as not the best behaviour of NopCommerce community. some of their customers might be even unaware of all that court things, as not everyone read codeplex reviews and forums.

Hi Kaunuk:
Thank you for your feedback. You are quite right and I have changed my review to:

SMARTSTORE MIGHT SOON BE GONE. Smartstore is already in court for violations to the Nopcommerce license. For more details read:   https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/24760/smartstore-violates-nopcommerce-license-terms-lets-discuss.aspx
10 years ago
Yesterday smartstore released another version.
10 years ago
This was my recent review (and Mr. Cakir reply and my own reply to him) for their new release, in case you want to vote up there or write your own review:

SMARTSTORE MIGHT SOON BE GONE. Smartstore is already in court for violations to the Nopcommerce license. For more details read: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/24760/smartstore-violates-nopcommerce-license-terms-lets-discuss.aspx. @muratcakir: 1) If the judge took the case is because there are clear signs of violations (they don't just take any sue). 2) It is a real shame that after 17 years you couldn't do better than forking someones else very successful work of 5 years and try to present it as yours (there are no mentions of the forking whatsoever in your site smartstore.com) and don't meet licence requirements.
by superCalixto on Today at 7:13 PM

Sue someone does not mean, that you are also in the right! A judge will speak right, and especially the users, who appreciate PERMISSIVE open source software. And: WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, we'll stay here! As we did the last 17 years!
Reply by muratcakir (Coordinator) on Today at 4:06 PM
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.