New Product Fields

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
yiangos wrote:
Any idea how this is done in the current version?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6370/how-to-extending-nopcommerce.aspx
13 years ago
Thank you very much!

Well, it makes sense that the post you referred me to didn't pop up in my search - I was using the "wrong" terms.

Best regards,
Yiannis
13 years ago
crholliday wrote:
Oops!

My bad, I left off the BusinessLogic stuff!

Should read:

1. Add the fields to the table in question
2. Find all the Stored Procs in the database that relate to that table and add the fields as needed
3. Go to the NopCommerce/Libraries/Nop.DataAccess/Products/Product.cs and add the properties as needed.
4. In the same directory, modify the ProductProvider.cs to include the fields in the methods. Ensure you have modified all methods that list fields (updaters, getters, adders).
5. Go to the NopCommercs/Librarires/Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer/Products and add the fields to the SqlProductProvider.cs file... carefully ensuring you have made changes to all the methods where these changes are needed.
6. Go to the BusinessLogic/Products/Product.cs and ProductManager.cs and modify all needed methods and fields. You may also need to go into some of the other related classes too.
7. Finally, look in both the admin and user side of the web project to ensure your forms carry these fields as needed.
8. Build and fix all the methods you missed.
9. Build and run the application, then fix all the errors you made.

YOu should simply have to rebuild the site in Visual Studio and deploy. You dont need to use the install.aspx stuff.

C.

This does not work for version nopCommerce 1.80.  Step 1 is the only step I was able to accomplish. Can you help me to accomplish the same thing with the new version.

Thxs in advance.
11 years ago
Hi together,

is the approach for extending nopCommerce still valid for the current 2.50 or did you invent some more flexible way (e.g. without modifying the db-schema)?

Thanks for info,
Sascha
11 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/73/updating-an-existing-entity-how-to-add-a-new-property.aspx

Hi I followed this document with help from the Nop Commerce guru's :)

From what I can make out from your post in your db you may have to create new feilds but I haven't updated the Stored Procedure in Nop 2.5 I'm developing my own. Before I installed I updated the files advised in the above document and then installed the database and it worked fine.

Hope it helps

Richard
11 years ago
wertyuio1 wrote:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/73/updating-an-existing-entity-how-to-add-a-new-property.aspx

From what I can make out from your post in your db you may have to create new feilds but I haven't updated the Stored Procedure in Nop 2.5 I'm developing my own. Before I installed I updated the files advised in the above document and then installed the database and it worked fine.

Hope it helps

Richard

Thanks for the info, but I'd like to avoid modifying the DB-Schema and/or code-base.
(because then, we've got to take care for the mods after each nop-update)
11 years ago
DotNetFabrik wrote:

Hope it helps

Richard

Thanks for the info, but I'd like to avoid modifying the DB-Schema and/or code-base.
(because then, we've got to take care for the mods after each nop-update)

Check this work item already available, that lets you create generic attributes.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.