Quantity doesn't increment after clicking 'add to cart'

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Clicking on HP Pavilion shows green pop-up "The product has been added to your shopping cart", and stays on the home page.

Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 m
IE 11.0.9600....
9 years ago
I have identified the problem. Went to the demo website this morning and it is now working were yesterday it was not. The demo must have reset wiping out what a user had done which I have identified. After installing OOB nop34 with data it works fine. So I did a another OOB install without data. Added my own product and everything worked.

Here is the problem and I will give you my scenario. I am building a site for a Persian Cat breeder. When the cats have kittens there can be (obviously) only one kitten per product. Changing the allowed quantities to 1 makes the program think that there is a selection to be made, when in actuality all the customer wants to do is order 1, so it goes to product details page. The customer is not going to know that it is going to the product details page so the program can produce a dropdown that's filled with quantity 1.

This behavior is not correct because just as I expected the product to be added to the cart a user of the website would expect a product to be added to the cart when clicking a button that says "Add To Cart".  I have other production nop websites and sometimes I may have only one product left so I set it for allowed quantity 1. Now I know why customers are calling saying they added the product to the cart but nothing happened.

I have reviewed some of those products and sure enough each one has allowed quantity 1 set.

Allowed quantity "1" should be a default value, the program logic should not treat it as an attribute and it should be added to the cart. The program logic should check to see if allowed quantity is > 1 and if true send it to product details page so customer can select quantity.

Confused customer = less conversions. The program logic should be fixed.
9 years ago
Could you tell me where this code is so I can see about modifying it

onclick="AjaxCart.addproducttocart_catalog('@addtocartlink    ');return false;"

Edit: Found the code.
9 years ago
After looking at code, productdetailsmodel and productoverviemodel it appears the best method is to just set quantity to 1 and disable buy button which I'm gathering is the correct way to do it anyway.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.