Multi Store SEO

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi
I have a multistore with 3 stores operating from the same nop 3.3 instance.
How can I avoid the duplicate content or duplicate links issues in a multi store instance?

Thanks
Rob
9 years ago
playblue wrote:
Hi
I have a multistore with 3 stores operating from the same nop 3.3 instance.
How can I avoid the duplicate content or duplicate links issues in a multi store instance?

Thanks
Rob

Hi,

I have worked out my way on nop 3.20.

For Topics,
You can create separate topics per store. In topic edit screen in admin, you can see a stores tab. There you can tick individual stores.

For Products,
Basically, i have created templates of product short and long descriptions. This is basically a place holder topic page. One page per site. So when a product list or detail page is loaded, instead of loading default details, nop commerce will replace the template on the fly. The data for this file is taken from product attributes. So this give flexibility where you can update the template in the admin.
9 years ago
jeyara wrote:
Hi
For Products,
Basically, i have created templates of product short and long descriptions. This is basically a place holder topic page. One page per site. So when a product list or detail page is loaded, instead of loading default details, nop commerce will replace the template on the fly. The data for this file is taken from product attributes. So this give flexibility where you can update the template in the admin.

Hi Jey-

I don't understand this completely...
You created a single topic page that includes all of the 2nd store's product descriptions.

How does nopcommerce know to "replace the template on the fly" ??

Steve
9 years ago
embryo wrote:
Hi
For Products,

Hi Jey-

I don't understand this completely...
You created a single topic page that includes all of the 2nd store's product descriptions.

How does nopcommerce know to "replace the template on the fly" ??

Steve

Hi Steve,

Its simple. Works same as message template.

01. I created a list of tokens (Placeholders) for product. Ex: Name, Price, Specification Attributes etc. Similar way how an email template works.
02. Create template file with placeholders (token) for product attributes. similar to message template. Using multi-store topic feature, you can create different templates/write ups with product place holders for different stores.
03. Create a partial view, which accepts productid and build the description using corresponding store's product template.
04. Add this view under product detail page view.

Hope it clarifies.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.