Attributes and features losing when bulk editing and excel import

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
When I switch the category in product bulk editing all the attributes lose.
The same issue when excel import run.
9 years ago
Hi,

Please provide a complete list of steps to reproduce the issue and expected behavior.
9 years ago
From my client:
1) Open product bulk editing
2) switch the category of some products
3) save
Result: Changed products lose their attributes configurations
Another bug:
1) Export existing products to excel
2) Editing the products (prices, availability)
3) Import from changed xls
Result: Products lose their attributes configurations
9 years ago
borissedov wrote:
From my client:
1) Open product bulk editing
2) switch the category of some products
3) savs

How exactly do you switch category? Bulk editing even does not support it. You can edit only SKU, price, stock qty, published fields.

borissedov wrote:
Another bug:
1) Export existing products to excel
2) Editing the products (prices, availability)
3) Import from changed xls
Result: Products lose their attributes configurations

It works fine out of box. Attributes are not lost. Please also note that attribute exporting/importing even are not supported by nopCommerce (they are ignored)
9 years ago
Why was the decision made to ignore those? Especially when using attributes to keep track of stock using attribute combinations. Those SKUs are just as important as product SKUs when exporting to manage on hands amounts.

Thanks!

Kevin
9 years ago
Hi Kevin,

Because Excel record has only one row. We cannot put multiple child records (e.g. product attributes, etc) into Excel file. It's just not supported yet
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Because Excel record has only one row. We cannot put multiple child records (e.g. product attributes, etc) into Excel file. It's just not supported yet

Yeah, I understand Excel only has one row. I am working on a tool now that will import/export products with their attributes. The way I do it is add a field to excel called ParentSKU. As I go through the products, I check to see if there are attribute combinations if so, I add those to the file using the ParentSKU field (using the SKU of the, you guessed it, the SKU of the parent product =)). So basically, if that field is used it's an attribute combination, if not, it's a standard prudct.

I don't have time to do this now, but once I'm done with the project I'm on, I'd be happy to share the code. Let me know.

Kevin
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.