Customising the header

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Good afternoon,

Apologies if this has already been answered (I did try to search the forum), but my team are trying to customise the header section of our site from the 'out of the box' links (register, login etc). What we are trying to do is to:

> Add our phone number in this section
> Add the contact email in this section
> Move the currency drop-down to the section
> Add social buttons (facebook, twitter, G+) to this section.

So far we have not found the draw instructions in the code behind. We have looked on SQL server  and on WebMatrix but no luck.

I had hoped that I would have found what I was looking for in "Themes\DefaultClean\Content" but no luck.

Can someone please help us with this?

Kind regards,

Matthew Bennett
9 years ago
mattybennett wrote:
Good afternoon,

Apologies if this has already been answered (I did try to search the forum), but my team are trying to customise the header section of our site from the 'out of the box' links (register, login etc). What we are trying to do is to:

> Add our phone number in this section
> Add the contact email in this section
> Move the currency drop-down to the section
> Add social buttons (facebook, twitter, G+) to this section.

So far we have not found the draw instructions in the code behind. We have looked on SQL server  and on WebMatrix but no luck.

I had hoped that I would have found what I was looking for in "Themes\DefaultClean\Content" but no luck.

Can someone please help us with this?

Kind regards,

Matthew Bennett

Hi Matthew,

Some questions first!

Are you using default theme? Or some other theme?

You need to understand how theming works in nopCommerce. Pls check this

Now, to modify any area of the theme... first look into your active theme's view folder if the related file exists where you can modify - modify it.. else look into the default application Views folder available under the Nop.Web project.  You need to dive into this to understand how these view files works. Once you find which file to edit, copy it and move it to your active theme's View folder under same folder structure and modify it as per your requirements.

Note that if your theme folder doesn't has views you want to modify than it's taking the view from application Views folder under the Nop.Web project. And always copy right file to your theme and then modify it to make sure your upgrades are easier.

Let us know if it is clear or you need some more help.

Regards,
Krunal
9 years ago
Excellent. Thanks for this.

We're using the default 'clean' theme, if that helps.

Many thanks,

Matthew
9 years ago
mattybennett wrote:
Excellent. Thanks for this.

We're using the default 'clean' theme, if that helps.

Many thanks,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Glad to know that helped!  :)

Krunal
9 years ago
Thanks guys this was just what I was looking for. Couldn't figure out how to get my phone number up there.

I am still struggling with the following:

1. The header now has a test section (address details) in the centre, but the font is far too small. How do I override the default CSS at this point to increase the font slightly? Can I also alter font colours here?
2. I now have a series of partner logos, copyright statements and copyright text to add to the footer. How can I edit the footer please?
3. I have created two extra pages: an 'about us' and a 'locations' page. However on the admin portal you cannot add them to the top bar menu via a tick box. What do I need to do to add these to the top bar menu?

Best regards,

Matthew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.