Template creation and layout change question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hey Guys,

Ive just started looking into NopCommerce as a solution and have a couple of quick questions.

I am looking to upgrade the following site www.bonnieweebabes.com for a site for a client that wants a complete ecommerce solution.  As you can see the client has been modifying the website themselves and so things are pretty messy.

So far NopCommerce looks like an ideal solution for their requirements, but so far i have found no documentation on creating new template and modifying the site structure.  If you have a look at the site there will be quite a bit of changing as the client has their heart set on the current look and feel.

Is there any documentation around that i can read or do i have to pull the solution apart and trace the design elements?  Or alternatively would anyone be able to point me in the right direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Andrew
14 years ago
Andrew, i think nop is the perfect solution for you - but there is no developer documentation for you. on the plus side, once you start developing you will find the solution a dream to work with and very straight forward to develop.

On top of that, this forum is always a great source of information and help.

You might be interested to know that the next release is just about on us (due 23rd march - tomorrow !)

regards,

hayden
14 years ago
Hi Andrew

I am also quite new to nopCommerce but managed to create my own custom theme without any formal documentation available. The forum is a great source of help.  

First thing I did was made a copy of one of the standard themes. Give it your own name and upload it to the App_Themes directory.  

It should then be one of the choices for your store theme.  You pick a store theme in the Administration panel, Global Settings, SEO Display, fifth item down.  Sometimes that sort of thing is the hardest thing to figure out!  

Then just start picking the theme apart by changing the CSS files in your theme.  Search in the forum for what you want to do (like "change logo") and bit by bit you'll get it customized.

I'd also suggest keeping track of your edits.  I commented my CSS rules if I discovered what each one did.  

You might also be going into Modules folder and making edits to some of the ascx files. For example, I wanted my footer to have a few of the things that defaulted in the left-hand menu Information block.  So I took them out of InfoBlock.ascx and put them in Footer.ascx  

I made backups of files before messing around, since I wasn't really sure about what I was doing.  

Hope that helps.  

Sue
14 years ago
Nice site,

well as such you don't need any documentation, nopCommerce is very easy to understand and you can take advantage of forum and all the community members on this forum are really helpful

But still if you need documentation then  there is a available userguide/documentation available for $19.95

Please refer to this LINK

Hope it helps
13 years ago
Hi there. I went through the 'Table of Contents' of the User Guide v1.90 and I think it's a very basic user guide.
Does the user guide provides any guidance for custom design template?
Is there any developer documentation?
Can someone shed some lights of the CSS IDs that nopCommerce template are using?

Thanks a bunch! Appreciate your time.
13 years ago
Not too sure about the user guide.

I find the best way to develop a template is to use the Firefox with the FireBug add-on. Just hover over the section, find its ID and then change it in the stylesheet.
13 years ago
DW Jenkins wrote:
Not too sure about the user guide.

I find the best way to develop a template is to use the Firefox with the FireBug add-on. Just hover over the section, find its ID and then change it in the stylesheet.

DW Jenkins, Thanks for the pointer. I will surely try that out..
12 years ago
@DW Jenkins just wanted to say thank you for firebug suggestion. I been playing around with Nop for a while now and didn't even think about firebug...
12 years ago
با سلام
تو این فروم به این بزرگی کسی نیست یه تم واسه این ایرانی زبونها طراحی کنه تا مشکل راست چین کردن صفحشون حل شه؟

hi to all
in this topic how can resolve right to left problem for persian or arabic language?
12 years ago
کسی بود؟
no bady?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.