Turn of Breadcrumb?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I cannot find a place to turn off the breadcrumb trail. Any pointers?
14 years ago
nowhere to turn it off, you need to alter some code.

unless you want to change the c#, you might be best just hiding the breadcrumb

eg
    <div class="breadcrumb" style="visibility: hidden;" >

you need to look at the templates/categories  files   eg   productsingrid.ascx   productsinline1.ascx
and
modules/   ProductCategoryBreadcrumb.ascx
14 years ago
hello. what is "breadcrumb trail" ??

thanks
14 years ago
It is the hyperlink bar of text just below the upper menu that shows where you are in the site.

e.g.  Home/Cat1/Sub-cat2/Product-a

In the above example, if you're viewing Product-a, you can click on Cat1 in the breadcrumb trail and go right to it.

One problem I am encountering it that when I have products linked to multiple categories, I may get to the product page by navigating through Cat3, but the breadcrumb trail shows Cat1.
14 years ago
danke!
13 years ago
Haydie...
Thanks for the info about hiding bread crumbs.

I did it by simply changing the productcategorybreadcrumbs to visiblity: "false";

You saved me a ton of time!
13 years ago
Instead of setting visibility to hidden, in the .aspx file you can put:

<% if (0)
      { %>
//breadcrumb code is here
<% } %>

This will take it completely out of the html markup.
13 years ago
I turned it off by simply applying display:none; in styles.css .breadcrumb. If you set visibility to hidden, it still takes up some space. That is if you don't want to mess the C# code. Just thought I'd share if anyone has the same problem.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.