Extremely high database load after upgrading to 3.8 - did i do something wrong? Need help ASAP

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Yeah. Same results here. NopCommerce has to do something about this, or at least inform about it. They cannot expect everyone to figure out how to block our search engine crawlers from indexing spec urls. In my case it was legit google crawlers. I seriously doubt the spec urls effects the index rating anyways.

Maybe nopcommerce does require more DB DTU than we want to pay, but it shouldn't be that big of a problem. The category view takes too much power it seems. Another solution, proposed by nopcommerce is caching the categories, but that messed up my ajax filters plugin it seemed. I might be wrong. Will check it on monday.
7 years ago
Here's the average server response time drop after implementing. This shows 3 days of view and you can see it flatten right out after implementing these changes. Average server response times went from 2sec to 0.5sec. That's a 75% reduction!

Now going to scale down to a S1 DB size.

chadwixk wrote:

I did try the suggestion from Nop-Templates and some quick tests seemed to reveal some improvement but not great.

The rewrite rules have worked wonders. This is on S2 size on Azure. Very pleased with the result:

This was a result of redirecting the China bots and the spec urns.
7 years ago
Yes, I was asking about caching as well. How were you trying it? Page output caching or application caching of the data model itself?

Why wouldn't they cache this by default?

lintho wrote:
Yeah. Same results here. NopCommerce has to do something about this, or at least inform about it. They cannot expect everyone to figure out how to block our search engine crawlers from indexing spec urls. In my case it was legit google crawlers. I seriously doubt the spec urls effects the index rating anyways.

Maybe nopcommerce does require more DB DTU than we want to pay, but it shouldn't be that big of a problem. The category view takes too much power it seems. Another solution, proposed by nopcommerce is caching the categories, but that messed up my ajax filters plugin it seemed. I might be wrong. Will check it on monday.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.