Category Header Menu is Available

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

1. Downloaded 1.9 source code

2. Unzipped to a temp folder

3. double click on the solution file (sln) project opens in VS0210

4. go to install folder and expand it> right click on install.aspx and and select browse

5. go through the four page install

6. then integrate the header menu

That's what i did and works fine
13 years ago
ddowns,

Before trying to get the category header menu working, I would suggest confirming a successful install of nop 1.9.  Start there and then follow the steps outlined in this thread.
13 years ago
Ok, After I put up the post, i had that thought of getting a stable base deployment before any mods.  I'll give it a try and post my success or issues.  Thanks for you time.
12 years ago
Does this header menu work for NOP 1.9? I have tried to make it work but it does not even compile. Also, anyone has any header menu (preferably a drop down template that can work with NOP 1.9). It may also help if you know any tutorial that shows how one can build a dynamic j-querry drop down  menu
12 years ago
akumiro wrote:
Does this header menu work for NOP 1.9? I have tried to make it work but it does not even compile. Also, anyone has any header menu (preferably a drop down template that can work with NOP 1.9). It may also help if you know any tutorial that shows how one can build a dynamic j-querry drop down  menu

You can find the 1.90 version here:

http://www.nopeasy.com/boards/t/7/category-header-menu-for-nopcommerce-v190.aspx

Thanks to Trevor
12 years ago
This just doesn't seem to work. I have downloaded the CategoryHeaderMenu1.9.zip and followed all instructions. I first installed nopcommerce 1.9 and made sure that it is working. I made the changes outlined in the Readme file locally on my system. However, as soon as I publish the changed files to the server I get this error.

-----------------------
Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HeaderCategoryMenu'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="HeaderCategoryMenu.ascx.cs"
Line 2:      Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HeaderCategoryMenu" %>
Line 3:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="SearchBox" Src="~/Modules/SearchBox.ascx" %>

Source File: /Modules/HeaderCategoryMenu.ascx    Line: 1
----------------------

I have tried it many many times but it just doesn't seem to work. I am testing this on a temporary domain (www.rayhost.info) and you can access the domain to see the error.

Can someone please help? Do we need to publish the entire files again after rebuilding the solution in VS10 or just the ones we modified or added? I am not using VS to publish, I am using Filezilla.
12 years ago
Your error suggests one of the more common mistakes people make.  It is discussed in this thread so I will just summarize.  It appears you have added the correct lines of code but you either just dropped the files into the project outside of visual studio or you did not rebuild your project.

NopCommerce is a visual studio project.  All visual studio projects must have references to all files that are contained in the project.  This means you must add any file you want the project to 'know' about through visual studio and then rebuild and publish.

t
12 years ago
My steps were:
1. Opened the solution in VS10.
2. Expanded NopCommerceStore folder and right clicked on "Modules" >> Add >> Existing Item... and browsed to the folder and selected files as indicated in the Readme text file. I added all other files similarly including root.master.
3. In Solution Explorer, I right click Solution NopCommerce and click on Rebuild Solution and get success notification.
4. All the above I did in my local system.
5. Then I publish only the modified files to my temporary domains corresponding folders www.rayhost.info

Now, what could I be doing wrong? Do I need to publish more files after the rebuild, like so dlls or something?
I have been trying this for the last 4-5 days now and getting exactly the same error every time. Any help / suggestion is appreciated.
12 years ago
See if you can get it working in Casini or IIS express first?  These are the built in web servers in Visual Studio. Click on the web application (not the solution) and then press ctrl + F5.  This will build and run the application within Visual Studio.

Doing this first allows you to better debug your steps and not get publishing in the way.  Also, have you successfully installed nopCommerce without adding the header menu?  Make sure you can do this first as well.

t
12 years ago
hey guys,

very new to nop commerce. just wondering if anyone knows if this works with 2.0?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.