Checkout process improvements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am a relatively new to NopCommerce (so it might been that I missed some configuration), but from a customer point of view I have some comments/feedback:

1. Remove the order summary(list of products) that is displayed on each page during the checkout, it is enough to have it on the first or last step and in the final order summary.

2. The long process (many steps) before you actually bought your items. It is like 5-6 steps, and if I dont have any choice on how they should pay or how it will be transported I dont want those pages to be part of the checkout flow.
13 years ago
I do agree that the checkout process is a somewhat too long... and with too many pages to go through.

Will be very good if it can be cut down to 3 pages and less.

Regards.
13 years ago
I also agree.
Is there any way to change this? what modules should I change?
13 years ago
Also agree that the checkout process should be as short as possible. Each click required is an opportunity for the customer to think "I really can't be bothered to complete this purchase".
13 years ago
The checkout process is way too long in nopCommerce, chekoutonepage might be one page but it's still 6 steps for the customer to complete.

I have made it into a singlepage in my shop, where the customer can enter address, select payment method and then click on one button and the purchase is done. Shipping is selected automatically since I only offer one option based on weight.

This took quite a few hours to get in place and the page is very much customized to fit my need and my shop so I cannot share it with the community, but it is without a doubt possible to make the checkout process much easier.

In Sweden all major shops have a single checkout page so this is what the customers are used to, they WILL abandon the cart if the process is too long.

I think this should be added to a future release of nopCommerce since this is also something you will find in other major open source shops.

Br
Joakim
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.