SUGGESTION - Capability to pick and choose shipping rates from UPS/USPS etc.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am currently rebuilding my shopping cart and I am evaluating nopCommerce and a free cloud solution for my new cart. The cloud solution allows me to pick and choose which of the shipping services offered by the shipping method I choose. I have searched for a way to do this in nopCommerce and found forum topics on how to do this by modifying the code. I feel this is something that should be part of the store configuration.

In my situation, my product is always a specific size. Based on this, I know how many pieces fit in each of the various size USPS flat rate priority mail boxes. I also know the total weight for each size box if I fill it. Using the cloud cart's setup, I can tell their shipping routine that for the small flat rate box, only offer it if it within the weight range I put in the rate method I created. I also have the ability to tell the shipping routine to not use the flat rate boxes in the USPS setup. Instead, use the shipping rate method that I created for the flat rate boxes. This works great. As the weight of the order increases, the software offers up the next size box and doesn't show the smaller size box. So the customer can then decide if they want to ship via the flat rate bos or any of the other UPS and USPS shipping options that are displayed. It also automatically selects the lowest priced shipping option.

I have the ability to modify the code based on thread I have found in the forums. However, I do not feel this should be necessay. Not everyone has the option to be able to do that. A product like nopCommerce great for small businees like me that want to setup an online store in a short time with out having to do any programming to get it functioning.

As the title says, this is a suggestion.

Bill
13 years ago
This would also be good for FedEx.
13 years ago
Has anyone figured this out yet? Where is the thread? Thanks!

poppo101 wrote:
I am currently rebuilding my shopping cart and I am evaluating nopCommerce and a free cloud solution for my new cart. The cloud solution allows me to pick and choose which of the shipping services offered by the shipping method I choose. I have searched for a way to do this in nopCommerce and found forum topics on how to do this by modifying the code. I feel this is something that should be part of the store configuration.

In my situation, my product is always a specific size. Based on this, I know how many pieces fit in each of the various size USPS flat rate priority mail boxes. I also know the total weight for each size box if I fill it. Using the cloud cart's setup, I can tell their shipping routine that for the small flat rate box, only offer it if it within the weight range I put in the rate method I created. I also have the ability to tell the shipping routine to not use the flat rate boxes in the USPS setup. Instead, use the shipping rate method that I created for the flat rate boxes. This works great. As the weight of the order increases, the software offers up the next size box and doesn't show the smaller size box. So the customer can then decide if they want to ship via the flat rate bos or any of the other UPS and USPS shipping options that are displayed. It also automatically selects the lowest priced shipping option.

I have the ability to modify the code based on thread I have found in the forums. However, I do not feel this should be necessay. Not everyone has the option to be able to do that. A product like nopCommerce great for small businees like me that want to setup an online store in a short time with out having to do any programming to get it functioning.

As the title says, this is a suggestion.

Bill
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.