Advanced Search for forum in nopCommerce 1.8 version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Andrei, first of all i would like to thank you and nopCommerce team for adding advanced search in forums, it looks great and it is making forum section more user-friendly..

I have few suggestions for it:

1) Advanced search checkbox / options should be visible on the main forum groups/topics page also (www.website/nopcommercestore/boards/), as right now no one is going to know that there is a Advanced search option available for forums unless they search something and click on search button. Current methods implies that if a user is trying to search something on the forum, he /she will type something in textbox and click on search button and if he/she doesn't get the desired search result, then he/she will search again using advanced search option. So current method makes it a two way process and it's better to make it 1 way process only.

2) In the advances search option, there should be one more option to search for usernames, what if a customers wants to talk specifically to store owner ? So there should be an option availble to search users with their usernames.

3) Just like on the forum Advanced search option we have a drop down menu that says "Limit results to previous: ", i think this drop down menu is very useful and it should be added in user/member's profile page also in the second tab : "Latest Post" as right now "Latest Posts" populates all the forum posts and user could get confused in many posts so he/she should be able to filter his/her posts.
13 years ago
Thanks for suggestions
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.