Tier-based shipping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
In my country, (and i think in every country), we don't pay "for gram" to ship, but on tiers.

From 0 to 20g it is 2 euro; from 20 to 50g is 2.40 euro, and so on.
Nopcommerce applies a "per gram" price, that is nonsense in my opinion.

There is a way to do a tier-based shipping?

Also a "rest of the world" option in the calculation by country - it is impossible to set a shipping for every country in the world
13 years ago
You can achieve both quite easily in nop

From 0 to 20g it is 2 euro; from 20 to 50g is 2.40 euro, and so on.
Nopcommerce applies a "per gram" price, that is nonsense in my opinion.

go to admin -->configuration -->all settings
find (probably page 11)
ShippingByWeight.CalculatePerWeightUnit      and set it to false

Also a "rest of the world" option in the calculation by country - it is impossible to set a shipping for every country in the world

you currently have a shipping method for your country - go to configuration --> shipping --> shipping methods and add a new method called 'rest of world' - save  and go back to shipping methods list

you will see a new column appear in the country restrictions list - beside the writing ''rest of world' tick the checkbox

now go down this column  to Italy an untick the checkbox beside it - click save ( at top of page )

you have just created a shipping method that will apply to everyone outside Italy
------------
in your italian shipping column ( the one you had at the beginning), make sure Italy is ticked and all others are unticked  click save

more than this, when you edit your shipping method computation method, you can choose to limit the shipping options which are presented to the customer (ie they will not see italian shipping prices if they are from France or anywhere else)

to extend its use further, you could specify european countries (i know from the uk shipping to europe is cheaper than shipping outside europe) and then 'rest of world' to create three different sets of options )

- hayden
13 years ago
oh thanks,
i think i have to read the manual before getting serious with this (for now i am just evaluating)

i did not think about creating a rest of world shipping option, thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.